Perricone MD OVM Reviews – Should You Trust This Product?Advertising Disclosure ?
What is Perricone MD OVM
The Perricone MD was established by Dr. Nicolas Perricone, Dermatologist. The brand was one of the few to pioneer the infusion of antioxidants in wrinkle care creams, serving the purpose of stopping inflammation and helping your skin recover from it. Perricone MD OVM is a treatment line that harnesses the power of eggshell membrane to deliver the anti-aging benefits of retinol without the associated side effects. However using retional on the skin can make your skin dry and fragile as per the various claims!
Table of Contents [Show]
Perricone MD OVM, US $170 for every 2 oz. jar, is a wrinkle treatment cream which as per the manufacturer promises to restore your skin’s optimal nutrient levels to reveal your younger-looking skin.
Perricone MD OVM – Does It Really Work?
This product commits to deliver your youth restored skin in just 12 weeks of daily product application. With the combined energy-giving nutrients, primarily from Vitamin C Ester and Eggshell Membrane, this formulation brings back your skin’s youthful vitality, firmness and density.
This product’s manufacturer claims that this formula is designed to deliver the following benefits to enhance the health and appearance of your skin:
- Render “three-dimensional anti-aging results” that improves your skin’s contour
- Improve the moisture, suppleness and smoothness of your skin to make it appear more appealing
- Promote better elasticity and a firmer skin structure to hold more density and volume of skin
- Lighten your dark skin imperfections and enhance your skin’s overall brightness
- Enhance your skin’s overall health and beauty with regular product application
What are the Ingredients in Perricone MD OVM
- Vitamin C Ester: Provides antioxidant protection, it also restores the energy levels of skin cells, and, with its astringent properties, it also helps lighten dark skin imperfections and promotes a brighter toned skin
- Vitamin E: Boosts the beneficial effects of Vitamin C, conditions the surface of you skin, and delivers deep nourishment that soothes dryness while simultaneously rebuilding the surface layer of your skin. Unfortuantly, extra use of vitamin E directly or in the form of substance can lead to rash, and bruising!
- Retinol: Derived from Vitamin A, it helps facilitate faster rates of skin regeneration and forces a skin turnover by sloughing off your surface layer, and resurfacing a younger and less damaged layer. However, excess use of retinol make skin dry and fragile.
- Eggshell Membrane: Rick in peptides, proteins, vitamins and minerals, it helps your skin restore its ideal nutrient levels to help facilitate better and faster skin rejuvenation and renewal
How To Apply Perricone MD OVM
- AS, per the manufacturer of the Perricone MD OVM it must be applied on your skin after cleansing and toning.
- Dr. Perricone recommends that you use this with your morning skin care routine, it may be better to use it only at night so that its retinol content won’t break down and lose its potency when exposed to heat and sunlight.
- This product may have to be gradually worked into your skin to build up its tolerance for retinol.
- If used in the morning, Dr. Perricone recommends layering it with the Perricone Photo Plasma, another wrinkle care cream that is infused with SPF.
Benefits of Perricone MD OVM
- It contains two of the most powerful antioxidants that you can obtain from a topical wrinkle solution
- Reportedly delivers skin brightening and smoothening effect. However you may suffer from photo-sensitivity.
- Perricone MD OVM reviews by Perricone MD product users strongly recommend and prefer this product over other products under the label.
Disadvantages of Perricone MD OVM
- The product preservative, phenoxyethanol, shows up high in a moderate length of full ingredients, with mostly skin conditioners showing up before it and the more beneficial products listed after, which could mean that beneficial ingredients are included in very low concentrations that limit their potency to treat and transform your skin.
- The cream does not have a pleasant smell.
- The formula misses several other ingredients that will have added wrinkle correcting functions to this cream, including peptides and antioxidants.
Does Perricone MD OVM Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including retinol and fragrances
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased photosensitivity due to retinol
Final Verdict : Perricone MD OVM
Perricone MD OVM appears to be a moisturizer capable of delivering the basic functions of a moisturizer, that is, hydrating, brightening, and skin smoothening.
However, for US $170 per jar, it’s only fair that you demand to get more anti-aging functions out of it. Squeeze it as you must though, that is all you can ever get from this product.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after “fountain of youth”. In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."