Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 Overview:
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 is an anti-aging moisturizer that provides SPF protection from damaging UV rays. The company claims its oil-free formula will leave your skin brighter and more radiant while shielding your skin from environmental stressors and free radicals. The product is manufactured by Perricone, and it can be purchased from the manufacturer’s site for $75.00. The 2 fl. oz. jar can also be found at major retailers and can be purchased from other authorized resellers online, for the same or even lesser price. One online site sells it for only $44.41. Perricone provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on all products purchased directly through the company. This guarantee may not apply to the product being bought from other websites.
About Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 – Does it really work?
The product comes in an oil-free formulation that makes it lightweight and convenient to use. It claims to provide a brighter appearance to the complexion and protects against the sun’s rays as it contains a broad spectrum SPF 30. This moisturizer can help in promoting younger-looking skin as it acts as a shield between the skin and the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays and can even lighten dark spots and other skin discolorations. It is not primarily an anti-aging product, but manufacturer claims that it helps lessen the look of wrinkles and enlarged pores. Reviews from customers who have used the product have contrasting responses on the effectivity of the cream. While others claim it works well, others say it is either too heavy or too light, or does not do anything at all.
What are the ingredients in Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30?
Below are ingredients in the product as shown on the website:
- Pentylene Glycol: humectant
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene: has sunscreen to protect skin
- Polyester-8: film former
- Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone: silicone
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer: thickener
- Benzyl Alcohol: conditioner
- Aluminum Hydroxide: opacifying agent
- Stearic Acid: surfactant
- Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate: skin protectant
- Hydrogenated Lecithin: conditioner
- Isohexadecane: emollient
- Bisabolol: conditioner
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: vitamin C that helps in lightening the skin
- Phenoxyethanol: preservative
- Polysilicone-11: silicone
- Polysorbate 60: surfactant
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: emollient from coconut oil
- Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine: conditioner
- Thioctic Acid: alpha lipoic acid, antioxidant
- Astaxanthin: sunscreen
Directions to use:
Apply a pearl-sized amount to the face and neck every morning for 8 weeks to see results. Massage gently into skin in circular motions.
- Oil-free moisturizer that may prevent appearance of aging on the skin
- Has SPF 30 to protect from sun exposure
- Lightens existing skin discoloration, and provides brightening effect to the skin to make it appear radiant
- Return policy is limited to 30 days upon receipt of product
- Very expensive comparable to similar products with the same benefits
- Appears to be heavy-based and too sticky for some users
Does Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 have any side-effects?
The moisturizer has no harmful side effects, and it apparently does not contain any harmful ingredients that may cause adverse effects.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 Customer Reviews
These are customer reviews gathered from an online seller’s website:
- “I’ve had skin cancers of the face. This is the best SPF protectant in it available and feels so light on my face and jawline. I don my wide-brimmed hat, great sunglasses to protect my eyes, and I am ready for sun.”
- “I’m sure the ingredients are great, and it is SPF 30 but honestly for expensive as this is I would have expected a smoother shine-free texture.”
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 is a sunscreen and moisturizer in one that primarily acts as a barrier between your skin and the sun. The product may give a brightening finish to the skin and make it appear radiant and fresh. The product is very expensive. Compared to other moisturizers or sunscreen creams available today, Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 undoubtedly is a little too steep. Some users have commented that even though it can be effective, they can get the same benefits from other products that are far less expensive. There are more than enough choices on the market today when it comes to moisturizers, sunscreens, or anti-wrinkle creams, so it would be a wiser move to review other options before deciding which product to settle for.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.