Perricone Photo Plasma Spf 30 Review: Does It Really Vanish Wrinkles?
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 is an anti-aging moisturizer that provides SPF protection from damaging UV rays. The company claims its oil-free formula will leave your skin brighter and more radiant while shielding your skin from environmental stressors and free radicals.
Perricone, a leading global skincare brand, was founded by Dr. Nicholas Perricone and seeks to provide top tier anti-aging products.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 can be purchased from the manufacturer’s site for $75. It can also be found at major retailers like Sephora and Ulta Beauty. Perricone provides a 30-day money back guarantee on all products purchased directly through the company.
- Titanium Dioxide 4.2%: mineral sunscreen
- Glycerin: moisturizer
- Cyclopentasiloxane: silicone
- Dimethicone: silicone
- Pentylene Glycol: humectant
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene: sunscreen
- Polyester-8: film former
- Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone: silicone
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer: thickener
- Benzyl Alcohol: conditioner
- Aluminum Hydroxide: opacifying agent
- Stearic Acid: surfactant
- Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate: skin protectant
- Hydrogenated Lecithin: conditioner
- Isohexadecane: emollient
- Bisabolol: conditioner
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: vitamin C
- Phenoxyethanol: preservative
- Polysilicone-11: silicone
- Polysorbate 60: surfactant
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: emollient from coconut oil
- Sodium Benzoate: preservative
- Potassium Sorbate: preservative
- Xanthan Gum: thickener
- Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine: conditioner
- Thioctic Acid: alpha lipoic acid, antioxidant
- Astaxanthin: sunscreen
Apply a pearl-sized amount to the face and neck every morning for 8 weeks to see results. Massage gently into skin in circular motions.
- Improve skin texture
- Plump and soften skin
- Reduces visibility of wrinkles
- Protect against environmental stressors
- Prevent future signs of aging
- Formula is light and silky on skin
- Clinically proven
- Product is more expensive than your average sunscreen
- Depending on your skin type, it can leave a greasy feel on the surface
- Product may not be an ideal sunscreen to wear under your daytime makeup, most especially if you have combination to oily skin type
- Product contains aluminum hydroxide, a pro-oxide which is feared to cause more damage rather than protection to sun exposed skin
Perricone MD Photo Plasma SPF 30 may be expensive because it is made with mineral sunscreen active, Titanium Dioxide, only. Most sunscreens continue to use chemical active ingredients which have been established to be toxic. Still, you must evaluate whether or not to purchase this product depending on your skin type, and, in this case, the amount you are willing to spend for sunscreen.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: