Peter Thomas Roth Mineral SPF 30 Review: Does It Really Work?
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Introduction
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30, US $30 for 0.15 oz., is a multi-tasking mineral powder that you can easily carry around for anytime, anywhere refresh.
What Does Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Protects your skin from UV damage
- Helps you fight blemishes
- Gives you a matte, shine-free finish
- Leaves your skin with a tint to cover up marks
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Manufacturer’s Detail
PTR is one of two passions pursued by its founder, the other being fine jewelry. PTR is all about finding solutions to the people’s most pressing skin concerns, a mission that has garnered for it at least 15 prestigious beauty awards citations. The brand boasts of having formulated over 100 products to date.
Working of Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30
This product works in three ways — it provides tinted coverage, it protects your skin from UVA and UVB, and absorbs excess grease from your skin to keep you shine-free all day. It does so by combining a variety of mineral components and adding in salicylic acid into the product.
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide (13.65%), Zinc Oxide (14.70%): Physical sunscreen actives that works its UVA and UVB protection by adding another physical layer on the surface of your skin that blocks and reflects back the sun’s rays rather than absorbing it and changing its chemical composition which is how chemical sunscreens function
- Illite: An ingredient classified as a mineral clay that helps absorb excess oil from your skin so that you can stay shine-free over longer periods of time
- Salicylic Acid: Helps regulate the frequency of skin shedding and controls oil production
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Pros
- This is a multi-tasking product that gives you added blemish coverage, a matte finish to keep greasy skin under control, and SPF protection to protect your skin from UV.
- The formula heals and helps treat your skin from blemishes and prevents new infections from surfacing.
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Cons
- Due to the minerals in this formula, there is a possibility for acne-prone skin to breakout even more because these ingredients can contribute to clogged pores.
- This product contains retinyl palmitate, an ingredient known to cause your skin to become more easily damaged by UV which, in this formula, is not ideal for day time wear, even when this product contains sunscreen.
- Several Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 reviews posted by users cite how this product’s tint is too sheer and light that it fails to cover up blemishes.
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including salicylic acid
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to chlorphenesin
- Increased photosensitivity due to Retinyl Palmitate
- Increased risk for breakouts and clogged pores due to zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and other minerals in this formula
- Increased risk for diseases related to the reproductive system due to EDTA
Use Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 as a powder finish to your day time makeup. Shake, remove cap, then press the brush against your skin to release the powder. To activate sun protection function, make sure to apply at least 15 minutes before you go out into the open.
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 is a versatile cosmetic product that perfectly suits oily skin types. Although, contrary to product claims, this formula may drive breakouts on acne-prone skin. Besides, the built-in brush does not allow you to be very hygienic with product application and storage.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: