Philosophy Hope In A Bottle Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Philosophy Hope In A Bottle?
Philosophy’s Hope In A Bottle is a multi-purpose facial skin treatment designed for many types of problem skin. It claims to troubleshoot adult acne, aging skin, oily skin, enlarged pores and bumpy, congested skin (from enlarged pores). Its main active ingredient is salicylic acid, a common ingredient mostly found in products for acne-prone skin.
A single 2oz bottle costs $38, and the cream can be used either twice daily or every other day, depending on how drying it is to the skin. Although this product may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Philosophy Hope In A Bottle?
The main active ingredient is listed are:
- Salicylic acid: which is more commonly found in anti-acne products, so it’s slightly odd that the formula is also touted as an anti-aging solution as well.
- Tocopheryl acetate:This conditions and protect the skin. However, since this is a synthetic form of vitamin E, it may irritate the skin.
- Lavender oil: which not only provides a pleasant scent, but also aids blood flow to increase healing and has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is a colorless organic alcohol used as a solvent and as a conditioning agent. This ingredient can cause a rashes and other forms of irritation in individuals with sensitive skin.
Benefits of Philosophy Hope In A Bottle
- 5-in-1 cream troubleshooting several skin problems.
- This product protects the skin from environment attacks. Although there is no clinical evidence backing this claim.
- This product gives the skin a matte finish.
Disadvantages Of Philosophy Hope In A Bottle
- Main active ingredient is listed as salicylic acid, suggesting the focus is less on anti-aging and more on anti-acne/pores/congestion.
- Unsuitable for those wishing to avoid animal fats.
- No info on clinical trials or before/after photos.
- This product may not be suitable for all skin types.
Final Verdict : Philosophy Hope In A Bottle
The Philosophy brand is well-known and globally-trusted, and the promising 5-in-1 troubleshooting aspect of Hope In A Jar seems suited to its name, if not a little ambitious. Although this product is comparatively expensive and contains certain ingredients which may cause skin irritation.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.