Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash Overview
A mild facial scrub from Philosophy to cleanse the skin while providing exfoliating benefits, The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash Cleanser is formulated with a stimulating, fresh fragrance and micro-exfoliating beads that can help lessen the appearance of dry fine lines, smooth out skin tone, and give a more radiant glow with regular use. Available in four sizes – 4 oz. bottle for $15.00, 8 oz. for $28.00, 18 oz. for $42.00 and 32 oz. for $60.00, this everyday facial wash can also be used as a 30-second cleansing mini-peel. Other online sellers may retail this product for a lesser price. The manufacturer online shop provides for free shipping on orders over $50.00 and products are returnable within 60 days of purchase.
About Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash – Does it really work?
This facial wash is meant to be a mild exfoliator that is used while in the shower, bath, or even when just simply washing your face. The ingredients in this bottle all help to remove the day’s dirt, dead skin cells, and other impurities while helping new, fresher skin to surface with daily use. Mild enough to be used everyday, it promotes a healthy-looking glow with a smoother feel. Micro-exfoliating beads help to polish in order to achieve younger-looking skin in the process with lesser dry areas and a more even skin tone and texture. Some users claim it can be sticky on the skin and that the scent is not very pleasant, and because it only provides mild exfoliation, it is not definite how soon results can be noticed.
What are the ingredients in Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash?
Below is majority of the ingredients. Complete list can be found on the product website:
- Water– is primarily used as a solvent in the formulation of many cosmetics and personal care products.
- Diatomaceous Earth– is a mineral material that acts as an abrasive, absorbent, and anticaking, bulking and opacifying agent.
- Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids– used as a surfactant and skin conditioning agent.
- Glycerin– frequently used in cosmetic products as humectant, skin protectant and viscosity decreasing agent.
- Acrylates Copolymer– works as adhesive, binder, film former and non-surfactant suspending agent.
- Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate– is cleansing and foam boosting agent produced on the basis of fatty acids derived from coconut oil.
- Phenoxyethanol– is used as fragrance ingredient and preservative in cosmetics and personal care products.
- Polysorbate 20– is being used as a fragrance ingredient, as well as emulsifying and solubilizing agent, in personal care products.
- Hexylene glycol– works as fragrance ingredient, solvent, and skin conditioning and viscosity decreasing agent.
- Sodium Hydroxide– is a highly caustic and reactive inorganic based denaturant, pH adjuster and buffering agent.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Extract– is an extract of the peel of the orange fruit that works as fragrance ingredient and skin conditioning agent.
- Limonene– is a fragrance ingredient, as well as solvent, naturally occurring in the rind of citrus fruit.
- Decylene Glycol– is a skin conditioning agent that also helps enhance the absorption of other ingredients in the product.
- Panthenol– is a form of vitamin B5, used as moisturizer and lubricating compound in personal care products.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside– functions as an antioxidant that works well with other replenishing and antioxidant ingredients.
- Borago Officinalis Seed Oil– is oil extracted from the seeds of Borage, a plant originating from Syria and the Mediterranean region. It is being used as an emollient in cosmetic products.
- Tocopherol– antioxidant, fragrance ingredient and skin conditioning agent.
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil– is an emollient extracted from the seeds of the sunflower.
- Tocotrienols– is a potent form of Vitamin E that works as antioxidant, skin conditioning agent and UV absorber.
- Triolein– acts as emollient, solvent, and skin and viscosity increasing agent.
- Methylisothiazolinone– is a widely-used preservative in many liquid personal care products.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone– when combined with Methylisothiazolinone, this ingredient offers a preservative benefit to the product.
Directions to use
Massage to slightly damp skin then rinse thoroughly. Can be used once daily. Follow with other treatments and moisturizer.
Benefits of Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash
- The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash is a daily mild formula that can also be used as a 30-second cleansing mini-peel.
- The product offers cleansing and exfoliating properties.
- It comes in four sizes and is available in most retail stores.
Disadvantages of Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash
- Although ingredient list is provided, key ingredients are not mentioned.
- Some users claim the consistency can be sticky.
- Product scent is not pleasant to some.
Does Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash have any side-effects?
There is no report claiming that The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash has caused any harmful side effects
Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash Customer Reviews
Please find customer reviews below:
“This is a great product and definitely leaves the skin smoother BUT it seems to spoil or go bad after awhile. In my experience, best to use it up within a month after opening.”
“One of the few face washes that I can use. I am surprised as it has chemicals and fillers that should cause issues with my face, but do not. I leave it on as a mask for 5-10 minutes after massaging it in. Then, I gently massage it more after getting it wet, then I rinse. Good exfoliator.”
Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash is a cleansing product and exfoliator/peel in one that can be a good option in cleaning the skin and if you wish to achieve a more even-toned tone and texture. However, there have been unsatisfactory comments about the texture and smell of the product that have put off some customers. Reviewing other cleansers available on the market would assist any user who values uniform texture and pleasant scent aside from cleansing and exfoliating benefits.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: