Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Review
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Introduction
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel, US $54.50 for 1.6 fl. oz., is a skin detox treatment that promises to refine and re-define your skin from the texture to the structure and attempt to reveal a clearer, brighter skin.
What Does Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Deliver mild exfoliation ideal for your weekly regimen that promotes clearer complexion that won’t hurt your skin
- Restore your skin’s healthy and youthful appearance by encouraging faster and more efficient skin regeneration and turnover
- Improve your skin’s moisture and nutrient content
- Refresh your complexion and relieve your skin from inflammation to promote a more even skin tone
- Revive your skin’s youthful appearance by enhancing elasticity, volume, smoothness and softness of your skin
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Manufacturer’s Detail
The French-based skin care company, Phytomer Laboratories, is responsible for this product’s formulation and distribution. The company has been operational, and conducting its own R&D endeavors, for over 40 years where it eventually brought to its attention, the power of marine-derived ingredients to rejuvenate and regenerate the skin. Since then, Phytomer products have been infused with the skin restoring powers of a wide variety of sea-derived ingredients, which are now available in more than 75 countries worldwide.
Working of Phytomer Resurfacing Peel
This product exfoliates by scrubbing your skin, primarily with sea salt but also with the support of sea water to loosen up the toughened debris. The manufacturer also cites 5 types of marine AHAs at work also to help eliminate impurities, and dead and damaged skin.
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Ingredients
- Sea Salt: Serves as the physical scrubber in this formula, responsible for exfoliating your skin, including gently sloughing off the damaged layer that masks your skin
- Sea Water: Softens your skin while simultaneously promoting enhanced collagen production which, in turn, improves skin elasticity and volume
- Marine AHAs: Details not provided by the manufacturer but, these should function to lift and eliminate your skin’s damaged surface layer
- Rice Hull Powder: Has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties that helps heal and treat your skin from the discomforts and visible signs of irritation
- Chlorella Vulgaris Extract: Boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels to better protect it from environmental factors that damage and age your skin
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Pros
- This product combines physical scrubbing with non-physical exfoliation which packs in more enhanced skin renewal powers to restore your healthier skin.
- Based on a user satisfaction survey involving 66 women and 21 days of twice a week product application, 91 per cent of subjects said that their skin felt smoother, while 86 per cent said that their pores appeared tighter and more refined.
- This product is easy to use and there are no very detailed instructions that should make it difficult to use it as an at-home DIY exfoliation product.
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Cons
- Phenoxyethanol shows up high on the ingredients list which indicates that beneficial ingredients are present in very low concentrations likely to be not potent enough to deliver improvements to your skin.
- Phytomer Resurfacing Peel reviews are severely limited and unlikely to give you a true picture of how users assess this product’s performance.
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
The manufacturer recommends limiting the application of Phytomer Resurfacing Peel up to twice weekly only. This product must be repeatedly applied in such frequency, for a minimum period of 3 weeks for improvements to become noticeable.
A Phytomer Resurfacing Peel review posted by a user reads:
- “It did not dry my skin and helped with the pores”
- “ It did not perform well with my skin.”
Phytomer Resurfacing Peel proposes a new technique to exfoliate and clear your skin. While the combination of physical and chemical exfoliation techniques are often more beneficial when done correctly, we cannot say the same thing for sure with how this product is formulated.
Unfortunately, there is no detailed information about the marine AHAs to establish their efficacy in behaving like any other ordinary AHA and delivering the same benefits to your skin. Then again, AHAs and BHAs are the best ways to exfoliate your skin, evidence says so, which makes experimenting with this formula impractical.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: