Pond’s Age Defying Complex: Does Pond’s Age Defying Complex Work?
Pond’s Age Defying Complex Overview
Over a century ago Theron T. Pond, a Utica, New York pharmacist unveiled his witch-hazel based product, Pond’s Golden Treasure. As the brand’s foundational product grew successful, additional products entered the market to bolster Pond’s mission to “deliver products that make a real difference to women’s skin and the way they live their lives”. By the 1920’s, Pond’s gained increased staying power through endorsements from many of New York society’s beautiful faces. It earned the reputation for products that understood women’s beauty practices and requirements. Pond’s evolution includes a broadening international reach which was the result of a merger with Chesebrough Manufacturing and later Unilever’s purchase of Chesebrough-Pond’s in 1987. As women’s needs and expectations changed so did Pond’s. The company’s use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids crowned it the frontrunner for anti-aging. Despite the growth in focus and company reach, Pond’s commitment to improving women’s lives has not changed.
Dressed in Pond’s iconic pink and white color scheme and featuring a product carousel, the Ponds.com website implies a true official Internet presence for a company with over 150 years in the industry. However, a few clicks delivers disappointment and a true lack of adaptation into the information age as the product, feature, glossary and contest links only provide very basic information. In fact, the products page doesn’t address the three major product lines the company offers. Needless to say, the site doesn’t provide clinical trial information, research or results photos. The history of neither the company nor the Pond’s institute is available at the Pond’s site. For a decent recount of the Pond’s history, a visit to Unilever.com is required.
Pond’s Age Defying Complex – Product Description
With basic skincare products such as cold creams, cleaning towelettes and pore strips offered from the Pond’s website, a search into the Internet universe delivered a host of anti-aging products brandishing the Pond’s label. Available Pond’s brands included White Beauty, Age Miracle, Pond’s Age Defying and Flawless White. In response to society’s refusal to look its age, Pond’s offers its Age Defying brand. Aging has entered into battle with Pond’s Age Defying towelettes, creams and lotions. Its Age Defying Complex priced at roughly $12, which appears to be on the discontinued list, is an oil-free cream that incorporates AHAs, a triple retinoid (Vitamin A) complex and Vitamin E to moisturize and smooth the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
Due to its discontinued status, in-depth product benefits were not readily available and reviews were scarce. Those provided boasted of effective results for exfoliation and a more moisturized feel to the skin, thus giving it a rating of 4.0 out of 5 and higher.
Pond’s Age Defying Complex Advantage
- Users deemed the Pond’s Age Defying Complex highly effective with ratings between near perfect and perfect.
- It’s reasonably priced at $12.
- The product has the 150+ year history of the Pond’s brand.
Pond’s Age Defying Complex – Drawbacks
- No research information is provided.
- Pond’s Age Defying Complex is currently discontinued with no mention of its replacement.
- The Pond’s website is extremely superficial.
Pond’s Age Defying Complex – The Bottomline
In confronting the signs of aging, Pond’s has advanced from its days as a witch hazel potion. While the Pond’s website was disappointing and the website of its manufacturer, Unilever was only moderately better; third-party sites provided basic information regarding the Pond’s Age Defying Complex. Economically priced and supported by moderately high reviews, the products discontinued status only sharpens disappointed feelings. Hopefully, Pond’s will introduce a replacement with a longer shelf-life.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.