Prevage Anti-Aging Overview
Prevage Anti-Aging Eye Moisturizing Treatment by Elizabeth Arden is a 4-in-1 eye treatment that claims to be “anti-crow’s feet, anti-dark circles, anti-puffy skin, anti-everything”. Its two main active ingredients are Idebenone and I-Seryl Complex, which are specially formulated to target the eye area. It also contains some antioxidants, but does not include any proteins or naturally-derived plant extracts.
Elizabeth Arden is a well-known brand name in the beauty industry, so the site falls into the trap of being too catalog-like rather than trying to convince potential customers to buy the product by using hard scientific facts. There are no testimonials so the site relies mainly on brand recognition, and there is no information supplied regarding clinical trials, so in turn the company is relying on large brand trust. There is, however, a site called www.prevagereviews.com, which offers unbiased reviews on the entire Prevage range, and Elizabeth Arden’s official site does invite customers to submit reviews, but they don’t appear to be published.
The product is a variation of PrevageMD, a prescription-only treatment that does not have any moisturizing properties, and was developed by the same laboratories that formulated BOTOX. As Elizabeth Arden is a major international company, they can be easily contacted by phone, mail or email.
Prevage Anti-Aging – Product Description
Idebenone, one of the two active ingredients, is an antioxidant enzyme similar to the more popular Co-enzyme Q10. The I-Seryl Complex contains peptides such as soy protein and algae extract, which promote collagen production. Also included is aloe to smooth and moisturise, and Haloxyl, which brightens and tones the skin to reduce puffiness and dark circles by improving blood circulation and reducing pressure (resulting in less under-eye pigmentation). In addition, the antioxidant green tea extract works with a blend of moisturisers to both repair and protect the delicate skin around the eyes.
The formula has been ophthalmologist-tested, but external sites stated that neither consumer nor clinical trials had yet been undertaken. This may explain why there is no published time frame within which to expect results, or how noticeable the results are expected to be, but this is disappointingly hypocritical considering the skincare line’s slogan of “proof not promises”..
A single 0.5oz tube of the treatment costs a staggering $98, but the site does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The site provides an extensive FAQ on shipping and returns in the “Help” section.
Prevage Anti-Aging Advantage
- Developed from a prescription-only treatment using innovative technology
- Also works on crow’s feet
- Brand recognition/trust
- 30-day money-back guarantee from the official website
Prevage Anti-Aging – Drawbacks
- Very expensive
- 60% of reviews are negative, particularly regarding skin rashes and irritation
- Online reviews indicate it’s unsuitable for sensitive skin; no clinical trial info
- No info stating how long before results are seen, and to what extent
Prevage Anti-Aging – The Bottomline
Despite the fact that Elizabeth Arden is a globally-trusted brand, the amount of negative online reviews is surprising, and discouraging because many of them state Prevage is actually damaging the skin by causing skin irritation, which is a nightmare complaint regarding skincare products. Taking this into account along with the high price, it may be advisable to visit a local Elizabeth Arden counter and do a skin patch test to determine whether or not investing in such an expensive treatment would be beneficial for your skin.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."