Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector?
As per the manufacturer, Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector, like its name implies, hopes to correct the appearance of dark spots on the skin or any other type of discoloration caused by hyper pigmentation. It specializes in treating acne marks, gradually causing them to fade the longer the product is in use. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Proactiv is a well-known brand in the skin care industry. Although the product does not seem to be available through the official product website, it can be obtained through Guthy Renker, a popular direct-response marketer mainly known for selling products in the US via infomercials. The official Guthy Renker website also features positive feedback from satisfied Proactive Dark Spot Corrector users.
What are the Ingredients in Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector?
- Vitamin C: Re-energizes your skin cells to restore mechanisms essential to restore your skin’s overall health and vitality.However it causes Redness and warm feeling of the skin, or flushing.
- Vitamin E: It works to block free radicals from the body, which play a large part in the aging process. If we can fight off free radicals, then we can reduce wrinkles and keep the skin youthful-looking. Unfortuantly, extra use of vitamin E directly or in the form of substance can lead to headache, rash, and bruising!
Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector- Does it really work?
Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector is designed to eliminate the appearance of blemishes caused by pigmentation-related problems, acne, and sun damage. One of its ingredients, Hydroquinone, is a well-known skin bleaching agent that diminishes skin color abnormalities. Although Hydroquinone is scientifically proven to lessen the appearance of dark marks on the skin by 59% and is safe to buy over-the-counter, it may be too harsh to use for people with sensitive skin.
Benefits of Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector
- Product contains SPF 30. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- A 2-month money-back guarantee is offered.
Disadvantages of Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector
- Ingredients are not fully listed and explained on the official website.
- Contains Hydroquinone.
- Given the amount, product is expensive.
- Not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
Final verdict: Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector
Proactiv is a popular brand of skin care products that has had extensive media coverage, particularly on TV. You may have heard of Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector and its ability to treat acne marks, hyper pigmentation, and other related skin issues. However, it contains Hydroquinone, making it unsafe for people with sensitive skin to use. It is also unclear whether or not the product is available for purchase directly from Proactiv’s official website, but based on Proactive infomercials, every product they manufacture comes with a 2-month money-back guarantee.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.