Proactiv Review:Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Proactiv?
The acne treatment product being reviewed is, Proactiv by Rodan + Fields. The product’s manufacturer claims that it is a combination therapy acne management system that uses a prescription-grade benzoyl peroxide with sulfur and botanicals like allantoin, panthenol, aloe and chamomile. The manufacturer claims that their selection of ingredients will exfoliate skin, unplug pores, attack acne-causing bacteria, and soothe inflammation.
Rodan + Fields, the manufacturer of Proactiv, hosts a complete product line that includes; Renewing Cleaner, Revitalizing Toner, and Repairing Lotion. As state on its official site,the manufacturer was founded by Dr. Rodan and Dr. Fields Stanford educated dermatologist. The products manufacturer Rodan + Fields is also the creator of Rodan + Fields a high end skincare line, which hosts a full skincare line which includes products designed for age reversal, anti aging, treating blemished skin, and soothing skin.
Proactiv can be purchased at $19.95 at the manufacturer’s website. The product runs $19.95 for a thirty day supply, this price is reserved for club members who will be automatically billed every month. Otherwise the product is $24.95 per month.
According to the manufacturer products active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide. The manufacturer claims the use of benzoyl peroxide is in a 2.5% concentration, any thing over this is not tolerated by the skin. According to the manufacturer the purpose of using benzoyl peroxide because it works as a peeling agent, which increases skin turnover and the of clearing of skin pores. This results in the reduction of the bacteria count., as well as directly as an antibacterial.However it may cause redness or peeling on skin.
Jack Breitbart of Revlon laboratories first developed benzoyl peroxide in the 1920s. It is typically placed over the affected areas in gel or cream form, in concentrations of 2.5%. Once skin has learned to tolerate the 2.5% concentration, it should be increased to achieve optimal results. Proactiv does not increase the concentration of benzoyl peroxide in it‘s product, so it maybe less effective for people using it after the skin has learned to tolerate the 2.5% concentration.
What are the Ingredients in Proactiv?
- Glyceryl Stearate: This fatty acid appears in nature and works as a lubricant for the skin. It penetrates the skin deeply to keep it from losing moisture.
- Propylene Glycol: It is used an as skin supporting agent.
- Glycolic Acid: This plant-derived acid is a proven exfoliator that removes dead skin cells while encouraging the production of new, healthy cells. It also helps unclog pores and by stimulating cellular turnover, it is an effective formula for improving the skin’s texture and appearance.
- Sodium Hydroxide: It is used to establish and hold the pH of a product. It’s also used as a cleansing and denaturing agent.However it may leads to redness or burning sensation on skin.
Benefits of Proactiv
- The product’s active ingredient is benzoly peroxide, which has been effective in combating acne since 1920 but it may cause redness or peeling on skin sometimes.
- The product can be purchased online.
- When purchased online the manufacturer will include two free samples.
- The products website was easy to navigate and engaging.
Disadvantages of Proactiv
- The manufacturer places an automatic billing on consumers credit card.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- According to consumers who have used the product, the benzoly peroxide in the formulation has caused adverse affects.
- It contains alcohol which cause skin dryness.
Final Verdict : Proactiv
In conclusion, Proactiv is much more expensive than similar products that use the same active ingredient. In order to take advantage of the discounted price the consumer must agree to have their credit card on an automatic billing cycle. And although the manufacturer has a number of celebrity endorsements, there are a number of drug store products that include benzoyl peroxide, some of them at a higher concentration. Because the use of benzoyl peroxide should be increased in dosage after skin has become acclimated, it is plausible to say that Proactiv may be come less effective over a duration of time.It offers 60 days money back guarantee.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Acne Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."