Puffy Under Eye – To Reduce the Amount of Water Retained Under the Eye
Are you plagued with the puffy under eye look? You might need to blame yourself or your parents for this. Heredity makes it more likely for people to have that puffy under eye look. If one or both of your parental units puff up, you will likely puff up too. However, some people get that puffy under eye look because they retain too much water. If you take in too much sodium, your body will retain water. Since the skin under your eye is very thin anyway, you may see the excess water building up in the area under the eye. But, what can you do to get rid of the puffy under eye look?
That is a good question. If you have a hereditary issue, then you cannot fix the underlying genetic issue. But, you can take steps to minimize the puffy under eye look. If you intake too much sodium, minimize it. Cold is your friend. Cold helps reduce the amount of swelling in any part of the body. Putting a cold compress on your eyes is a good start. That will help reduce the amount of swelling to get your started. But that only lasts a few hours. You need to do it one or two times a day for the best results, if you use that method to get rid of the puffy under eye look.
Some people develop the puffy under eye look as part of an allergy reaction. You know how you get runny or itchy eyes when you get exposure to an allergen. This may lead to excessive blood getting to eye area. That can lead to fluid retention in that delicate tissue and thus to the dreaded puffy under eye look. If you reduce your reaction to an allergen, you can reduce the swelling under your eye. Make sure you take allergy medications as your doctor recommends. That will help radically reduce the puffy under eye look.
Some creams work to reduce the puffy under eye look. They help the area to reduce the swelling and helps keep the skin pliable and healthy. All of these help give a more youthful appearance and reduce the puffy under eye look. If you want to get rid of the puffy under eye look plague, you need to understand the cause and take steps to reduce the things that give you that look in the first place.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.