RapidLash: Does RapidLash Work?
RapidLash – Overview
In the emerging market of eyelash enhancement Rocasuba Inc., owner of RapidLash, is going against the formula in offering its new eyelash serum to the masses upon its launch in November 2008. Incorporated in Mashpee, Massachusetts in April of 2008, Rocasuba co-owner Robert Trow, a veteran skincare distributor and writer, recognized the opportunity for success by entering the market with an affordable eyelash product when competitors are competing with much more expensive versions. Trow’s expertise has allowed Rocasuba to provide a product that promises to be cheaper than the rest and equally or if not more effective as well. The marketing plan of mass appeal also attracted attention from mass retailers and drugstores propelling the availability and credibility of RapidLash much faster than the high-cost brands.
The clarity of a white background with gray, cosmetic purple and berry-colored accents, Rapidlash.com does double-duty in the promotion of RapidLash and Promaxyl, an eye treatment cream. The instant add-on of Promaxyl at the top of the website and on the tube of RapidLash creates confusion as it could be confused with the creator of RapidLash until a website visitor scrolls down the page to find that Promaxyl is actually a product. While the info bar links to the two products, the features and benefits of each, testimonials, frequently asked questions, product contacts, a site map and a shopping cart, no company information is provided. The main block within the home page promises the promotion of the appearance of natural lashes and brows. It also links to a PDF of the product brochure and includes a block devoted to RapidLash’s safety assessment.
RapidLash – Product Description
RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum promises to assist in the lengthening, thickening and strengthening of lashes in 30 days without the use of irritating drugs, detrimental side effects or the costly price tag. Available online or at drugstores and mass retailers such as CVS Pharmacy at a price of $49.95, RapidLash contains such ingredients as Provitamin B5, pumpkin seed extract, amino acids, Biotin, Hylaluronic acid and Isopropyl Cloprostenate–a derivative of prostaglandin, a fatty acid naturally found in the body to promote cell growth that is also used as an active ingredient in glaucoma drugs that have been linked to eyelash growth.
Applied like eyeliner, RapidLash has received much attention despite its short time on the market. Consumer reviews averaged a solid rating of 4 points on a five point scale. Many raved about the results as long as the product was used correctly with a heavy dose of patience since long lashes may take up to two months to materialize for some.
RapidLash – Advantage
- RapidLash is affordable for the masses at $49.95 per tube.
- High consumer reviews support the effectiveness of RapidLash.
- RapidLash.com offers an in-depth ingredient list with definitions.
- RapidLash is available online or at mass retailers and drugstores.
RapidLash – Drawbacks
- Clinical research and result photos are scarce.
- The website provided little company information.
- Company testimonials seem more geared toward the growth of brows rather than eyelashes.
RapidLash – The Bottom Line
RapidLash is earning a growing reputation for eyelash growth despite only promising the appearance of long healthy lashes. The website shows two reviews and result photos for fuller eyebrows and only one for eyelashes which wasn’t highly remarkable. Delivering a product with an active ingredient, even if it is a derivative of prostaglandin at a cheaper price than leading competitors with similar results is impressive. Since third-party reviews were much more reassuring and considering that RapidLash is nearly $100 cheaper than the rest, it is definitely worth the gamble.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day