Redefine Eye Cream Review: Is This Product Really Worth Buying?
Redefine Eye Cream Description
Redefine Eye Cream is billed as a multi-function eye cream which will both reduce the appearance of puffiness and brighten the eye area, which may appear healthier or more youthful. The product is sold in the form of jars containing 0.5 fluid ounces (15 mL) each, and this seems to be the only way it is packaged. It is primarily sold by the manufacturer, although some of it can be found on other retail outlets; in an unusual reversal of the typical trend, it is usually more expensive from online retailers ($72.95-$89.90 at this writing) than from the manufacturers, who sell it for $62 per jar. There is also a sixty-day return guarantee if you purchase directly from the makers.
Redefine Eye Cream Ingredients
A full list of ingredients is included on the package of each product, and is widely available from both the manufacturers and third party retailers; space forbids us from reprinting it here. There is no real discussion on the active ingredients of the product (i.e. the ones meant to do most of the work), though, and no real information on how it’s meant to work, to say nothing of a lack of clinical information on how well it works compared to other products or a control group.
Redefine Eye Cream Directions
Wash and dry your face, then apply gently to the skin around your eyes twice daily (AM/PM).
Redefine Eye Cream Advantages
- The product targets the skin under the eyes, which is more delicate than that of other parts of the face.
- It’s easy to use
- The manufacturer has a sixty-day money back guarantee
- Available in multiple outlets, so you can shop around
Redefine Eye Cream Disadvantages
- No information is provided on what the active ingredients in the product are
- The makers don’t cite any clinical research or other studies to support their claims for the product’s effectiveness
- Price is quite high considering the amount of product that you get
Redefine Eye Cream paints a rosy picture of making multiple steps to support healthy and youthful-appearing skin, but unfortunately it does not back that picture up with much in the way of information. We don’t know what its intended active ingredients are, and we also have no clinical evidence that it is particularly effective; while the ingredients list suggests that it would at least be a moisturizer, there are moisturizing compounds available for much less than this product’s high price tag. The generous return policy does suggest confidence in their product, but other than that, you might be well served searching for an eye cream that has more to back up its promises.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.