Relastin: Does Relastin Work?
Relastin is the first skin care product that actually promotes elasticity, or the ability of the skin to spring back when pulled. Since the human body stops producing elastin early in the teen years, the results are fine line, wrinkles and sagging. Relastin works with your skin cells to start back up the production of elastin for more tighter, smoother and radiant skin.
They offer three products, Relastin Skin Revitilizer, Relastin Ultra Emollient Zinc Firming Complex, and Relastin Eye Silk. Relastin is designed to penetrate to the top layer of your epidermis to get to the dermis. That is where the Relastin Zinc Firming Complex starts to firm. When the benefits of Zinc are transported to where the elastin is stimulated, the results are astonishing.
Relastin – Product Description
Relastin is the first skin care product that demonstrates adding elastin to the skin. According to clinical studies, using Relastin shows more elastin in skin than people that do not use use Relastin. It smoothes skin, firms, and adds elasticity.
The connective tissue in skin has a protein called elastin that is responsible for the skin to contract back to normal after being pulled or stretched. It is important for the function and flexibility of skin. Elastin fibers in childhood are short and spring back like a rubber band would. As the teenage years pass, elastin is no longer produced so the fibers start to weaken. Naturally over time, with the skin loosing its elasticity, the visible signs of aging show in wrinkles and sagging.
Relastin uses a revolutionary approach to working with your body’s own cells to encourage elastin once again. Using the Zinc Forming Complex, it quickly restores lost elasticity. The Relastin formula is designed to seal in moisture resulting in skin that is refreshed, youthful, and healthy.
- You can achieve more skin elasticity, like when you were younger, through Relastin, than without using it.
- The web site is very informative and easy to understand.
- The before and after pictures show realistic good results after four weeks.
- The results are subtle, but can improve over time, especially the elasticity.
- Users said they noticed improvement in the skin in two weeks.
- Proven elasticity improves in the hands and abdomen when used in these areas.
- You can smile and laugh without worrying about stretching the skin by your eyes and mouth knowing that the elastin is there after using Relastin.
- Featured on ABC news. The clip you can watch on the web site.
- Easy to incorporate into your daily routine by patting gently to upper and lower eyelids.
Relastin – Drawbacks
- Even though we appreciate the Relastin includes the elastin we need, it the only ingredient mentioned.
- The results can be subtle.
- It may take longer to work on someone who has never cared for their skin before.
- It does not mention if this is good for sensitive skin.
Relastin – The Bottom line
Relastin has come to the rescue to back up our skin with the elastin it no longer produces. The resiliency of our skin changes as we age, bake in the sun, smoke, take on stressful situations. Elastin is a key component in the tone and flexibility of the skin. Before Relastin, the only way to add to the skin was through lasers, fillers, and Botox at the doctors office. This product can be topically administered at home for some real results. There is relief in knowing that we can take some control over the situation of elasticity with Relastin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.