Rembrandt Whitening Strips are a fast, easy, and effective way to whiten and brighten your teeth and your smile. You just open the box and the wrapper and attach a strip to your upper teeth, and a strip to your lower teeth for a half an hour for one week.
Rembrandt – Product Description
The makers of Rembrandt Whitening Strips call the strips their whitening treatment 101. They claim that you will see whiter and brighter colored teeth if used once a day for seven days. You will see visuable results in just five days. The whitening product is made with FORMITTM technology in a minty flavor. The thirteen ingredients in the whitening strips are, PVP, Water, PEG 8, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrogen Peroxide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcel Pyrophosphate, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Stannate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide. Some of the ingredients may cause irritation to the mouth, gums, lips, and teeth, depending on the person. The views from this product are generally good whitening results, but some say that other brands whiten just as well for less money.
It is recommend to talk to your dentist before starting a bleaching program if staining is a major concern. The dentist will have to determine if your stains were caused normally from coffee, smoking, juice, or foods, or if the Pathology of your teeth is to blame. Since each case is as individual as your teeth, any concerns about starting a whitening program should be consulted with your dentist.
- The teeth whitening strips are easily found in most stores, pharmacys, and on-line.
- They offer more than just the whitestrips to help whiten your teeth. Toothpase is available, a whitening touch-up pen, a 2-hour whitening kit, a professional treatment kit, and advanced whitening strips.
- They encourage people to try their products by offering coupons. A $7.50 Rembrandt treatment coupon and a $2.00 toothpaste coupon is available at their web site.
- The cost can vary depending on if you shop around on-line. It generally costs less than $25 for a pack of fourteen. That includes seven upper strips and seven lower strips.
- Especially effective for yellowing teeth.
- Easy to apply to your teeth and there is no mess like with trays and gels.
- Although the Rembrandt web site is under construction, it is dedicated to spreading a positive attitude towards your smile and your outlook on life. It is uplifting and humorous.
Rembrandt – Drawbacks
- The chemicals in this tooth whitening treatment may cause some tooth sensitivity to hot and cold and cause teeth to “hurt.”
- You have to devote 30 minutes a day with the strips on the top and bottom of teeth.
- They do not dissolve so they may feel awkward when speaking.
- They should not be worn overnight or while sleeping.
- Possible irritation, redness, swelling and soreness of the gums or mouth may occur.
- Although the manufacturer J&J Healthcare lists the thirteen ingredients, there are only two common ingredients, Hydrogen Peroxide and water. The rest are chemicals.
- The manufacturer warns to avoid contact of strips to your gums and salivary flow, as if to say this could be harmful.
- May not work very well on brown/grey teeth.
- Excessive bleaching effect may damage the gums over time.
- The effectiveness depends on the severity of the discoloration to begin with.
Rembrandt – The Bottom Line
If you are looking to whiten and brighten your pearly whites for everyday, or for a special occasion, Rembrandt may be right for you. It costs a lot less to whiten your teeth at home than at the dentist office and you can do this in the privacy of your own home. There are no messy gels or trays to fumble with and it only takes a short time to see results. This product is sure to make you smile.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Tooth Whiteners formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Tooth Whiteners
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."