Remedies for Eye Bags – Home Remedies
Eye bags are caused by a few things including a thinning of the skin, a weakening of the muscles around the eye, poor circulation, and more. And while there are countless remedies for eye bags, it’s just like any other issue – some remedies for eye bags work while others are a literal waste of time, energy, and sometimes money. If you are looking for remedies for eye bags then you’ll want to figure out the best ones and ignore the worst. It’s a simple matter to pinpoint exactly which remedies for eye bags are worth trying out if you know a bit more about them. Here are some of the best.
One of the most common and well-known remedies for eye bags is placing cucumbers over the eyes for about fifteen minutes. But you can also place slices of lemons or potatoes over your eyes and get the same results. These remedies for eye bags are designed to reduce the puffiness and give you a fresh look. And soaking cotton balls in milk and then placing them under your eyes will help to reduce the lactic acid causing the swelling. These remedies for eye bags are good options when you need a quick, temporary fix.
Adding or removing some things to your diet and lifestyle are other remedies for eye bags worth considering. For instance, cut back on your salt intake for a few weeks and you’ll likely see a big difference. You should also ensure that you’re getting enough vitamins C and K and if not, think about adding them to your diet or using a supplement. Remedies for eye bags can really be as simple as getting the right nutrition, and supplements will help. Many fruits also serve as remedies for eye bags since they provide compounds that strengthen the blood vessels.
Changing your sleep patterns is one of the most effective remedies for eye bags and one that is easy to do. Not only should you get the right amount of sleep each night, but try to avoid sleeping on your back. Doing so can cause fluid buildup under the eyes and cause bags to form. If you keep these basic remedies for eye bags in mind you’ll probably notice a big change in your face. You can add creams and overnight treatments as well, but these remedies for eye bags will maximize their effectiveness and simply shouldn’t be ignored.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.