Removing Eye Bags – Home Remedies that Work
Removing eye bags is one of those things that everyone will probably wonder about at some point because it’s such a common issue with our appearance. A number of factors can contribute to eye bags, and a number of options exist for removing eye bags and preventing them. While store bought creams can help, they’re more of a long term solution that will help reduce and prevent eye bags over time. Removing eye bags through these home remedies is much easier than you might suspect and is well worth looking into if you’re serious about eliminating them effectively. Here’s a look at some of the best options.
If you’ve ever seen someone with cucumber slices over their eyes, then you’ve seen someone removing eye bags. The cucumbers work to reduce the puffiness and reinvigorate the eyes. It also works with slices of lemons or potatoes, cold damp tea bags, and cotton balls soaked in milk. That last one helps with removing eye bags by reducing lactic acid around the eyes that causes the swelling to occur. You can also use ice packs or hold very cold spoons to your eyelids to reduce the swelling as well, and any of these options are well worth considering for quickly removing eye bags.
Removing eye bags with home remedies may also involve simple lifestyle and well-being changes as well. Reducing your stress levels and getting more sleep are two of the most important things you can do when removing eye bags since they are both major causes of eye bags in the first place. And adding exercise to your daily regimen can help to improve blood flow through your vessels and be a huge part of removing eye bags through simple home remedies. You may not think of lifestyle changes as remedies, but the truth is that they really are.
You’ll also want to take a look at your diet. Adding Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B12 helps with removing eye bags so be sure you’re getting plenty of fruits and vegetables. You may even want to add a dietary supplement if you need help removing eye bags. And avoiding salt, smoking, caffeine, and alcohol is important as well. If you’re serious about removing eye bags then take a few minutes to assess what lifestyle changes you can make and then add in some simple home remedies like cucumber slices and supplements. The overall results may very well surprise you.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.