RenewLash: Does RenewLash Work?
RenewLash – Overview
RenewLash is a product manufactured by Metis, a company that supplies beauty professionals and salons. Although the product is featured on the sites of mainly skincare specialists, it is available to the general public through the internet also.
The Metis Professional website only features a very brief description of two of the company’s products, RenewLash and Renew Eyebrow Stimulators. The site is very stylish in appearance but seems to be quite new as many of the sections do not yet contain information.
According to the manufacturers, RenewLash is a ‘masterpiece’, designed to enhance the lashes and make them ‘pop’. Although it claims that this is not a typical eyelash enhancement product, it does not explain exactly what makes it different from the others available on the market. Unfortunately, despite the claims, Metis provides no clinical evidence that the product works and no instructions as to how it should be used. There are no customer testimonials and one professional ‘before and after’ shot.
RenewLash – Product Description
RenewLash is a blend of vitamins and peptides that enhance the eyelashes, making them fuller, longer and less likely to break. Although no ingredient list is shown for the product, in addition to the vitamins and peptides, it claims to contain active ingredients normally used to treat Glaucoma. While it doesn’t actually name this substance, it is probably something called Prostoglandin, which has actually been banned from over-the-counter products by the FDA. Side effects of using a product containing this substance can include a darkening of the eyelid skin, a change in iris pigmentation, dryness and itching of the eyes.
No application instructions are provided for RenewLash apart from the fact that it is to be applied daily along the base of the eyelashes, much like liquid eyeliner.
RenewLash – Advantage
- RenewLash may result in stronger lashes that are less likely to break
- The product contains essential vitamins and peptides
- RenewLash is used by beauty professionals
- The Metis website is very professional in appearance
- One vial of the product is designed to last 5 months
- There are no customer complaints filed against the Metis company at the time of writing
RenewLash – Drawbacks
- RenewLash may contain FDA-banned substances
- The details about the product are very sparse
- No ingredient list is provided
- The Metis website contains no FAQ’s or customer testimonials
- Using the product may have undesirable side effects
- No clinical studies are shown
- No customer testimonials are provided
- There are no independent consumer reviews available for the product
RenewLash – The Bottom Line
Although RenewLash appears to be a new product, the fact that so little information is available for it is worrying. Any product designed for use on or around the eyes needs to provide proof of safety and a full list of ingredients to show potential consumers. Although RenewLash is comparable in price to other eyelash enhancers on the market (at a cost of $120.00 per tube), it is unlikely to appeal to consumers due to the lack of information provided. Anyone deciding to try this product should certainly test it on an area of their skin first and, if used, only expect healthier, possibly stronger lashes rather than noticeable eyelash growth.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day