Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum Reviews: Should You Trust This Product?Advertising Disclosure ?
Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum Description
Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum is an anti-aging serum that lifts the skin and improves its texture. It is manufactured by Solazyme, Inc., a San Francisco based company that specializes in products made of algae. It is sold for $156, but the manufacturer also provides a refill program that gives 10% off subsequent purchases. Prices may vary in some retailers, where a 1 fluid ounce bottle costs $102 and a 2 fluid ounce bottle costs $156. A 30-day return period is provided.
Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum Ingredients
- Retinol:A form of vitamin A that diminishes the signs of aging and fights wrinkles. It inhibits the DNA that causes collagen to break down.
- Peptides:Amino acids that increase the density of the skin and help it rebuild itself.
- Alguronic Acid:A mix of algae extracts formulated to protect the skin. It is produced by algae cultures.
- Whey Protein:A pure protein derived from cow milk. It is a good cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. It can also treat acne, rejuvenate the skin, and contains amino acids.
- Dimethicone:Skin protectant and conditioner. This is a polymer based on silicone. It is commonly used with UV absorbers.
- Butylene Glycol:Product thinner, conditions the skin. It is an effective preservative that resists humidity and dryness.
- Lactic Acid:An alpha hydroxy acid that can improve the skin’s texture by decreasing signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum Directions
- Clean skin and pat dry.
- Apply to the face and neck until fully absorbed.
- Avoid getting the product into the eyes.
- Use SPF during the day. Discontinue use if redness or irritation occurs.
Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum Advantages
- The manufacturer offers a 30-day refund period.
- The product’s ingredients are listed.
- Several beauty retailers sell the product in addition to the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer allows for auto-refill programs at the customer’s discretion which allow for a 10% discount on subsequent refills.
- The product is suitable for all skin types.
Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum Disadvantages
- At $102 for a one-ounce bottle and $156 for two ounces, the cost of the product is a bit high.
- Although many of the ingredients seem to benefit the skin, no independent studies of the product’s formula are cited by the manufacturer.
- The amounts of ingredients in the formula of the product are not listed.
- Some customers may become irritated when using this product.
Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum includes many ingredients that help fight the signs of aging, including derivatives of algae.However, some people might find that this product causes them redness or irritation. The manufacturer also does not mention if there are studies that can back the claims it makes, which is important given the cost of this product. Customers might feel more comfortable with a product that has been more thoroughly studied.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."