Revitanail Nail Strengthener: Is It Worth Trying?
Since nail polish was introduced earlier in this century, women could never get enough of it. In some instances, men loved them too — think about 80s punk and today’s emo generation. Not so long ago, however, people seemed to have suffered from nail polish fatigue – not so much that there are very few colors or varieties —in fact, there’s way too many – but because it just became too plain, too boring, too predictable.
That was before nail art came into the picture! When nail art was popularized, people, all of a sudden, became more interested again with their nails, and how they can turn it into a canvas that featured their unique works of art. What nail art did was to showcase style and art, and allowed people who wore them to take it anywhere with them.
About Revitanail Nail Strengthener
If nails that are always chipping and breaking apart is one of your regular beauty concerns, however, nail art might be far away from your reach. So, to be able to better manage and maintain your nails, you need to strengthen them. Keep your nails long and strong with Revitanail Nail Strengthener.
Revitanail Nail Strengthener protects your nails from breaking by protecting them against moisture loss and also from detergent soaps and the harsh ingredients of nail lacquers itself. This product also contains Calcium Pantothenate or, Vitamin B5, which helps strengthen and harden your nails, and to grow it back again more rapidly so that you can enjoy long, no chip, no breakage, stunning nails all the time.
Ingredients in Revitanail Nail Strengthener
Revitanail Nail Strengthener is made from the following ingredients, in the order that they are present in the product:
- Toluene, helps the nail polish formulation glide on smoothly
- Nitrocellulose, is what gives nail polish its filmy texture
- Butyl acetate, used as solvents and also masks the smell of other product ingredients
- Ethyl acetate, used in combination with Butyl Acetate, and also works as a solvent and as a masking agent
- Isopropyl alcohol, acts as solvent and texturizer
- Toluene Sulphonamide/Formaldehyde Resin, used interchangeably in this product as solvents and preservatives
- AcetyltributylCitrate, serves as plasticizer and skin conditioning agent
- Aqua (Water), used as solvent
- Camphor, fragrance ingredient
- Formaldehyde, used as preservative
- Stearalkonium Hectorite, acts as a thickener in the formula, keeping ingredients together and helps in making the product well texturized for that perfect application
- Methyl Alcohol and Ethyl Alcohol, solvents
- Calcium Pantothenate, aka Vitamin B5, protects nails and stimulates the growth of newer, stronger nails
How is Revitanail Nail Strengthener Used?
- Step 1: Clean your nails.
- Step 2: Cut and file your nail tips and push back cuticle overgrowth.
- Step 3: If you wish to use Revitanail Nail Strengthener as a base coat, apply it on this step, making sure that you cover every square millimeter of your nail so that you can take advantage of the Calcium Pantothenate in the formulation.
- Step 4: Apply colored nail polish. Let dry.
- Step 5: (Optional). Make a second coating if desired.
- Step 6: Lastly, finish by layering with a top coat. Use Revitanail Nail Strengthener too if desired.
- Step 7: Wipe off your nail polish after a week, not more than that, that is to keep your nails from getting damaged.
Whenever you can, always make time to rest your nails from polish. Your nails need time to recover from chemicals too, most especially because chemicals found in nail polish are among the worst in beauty products.
The Price Range of Revitanail Nail Strengthener
Revitanail Nail Strengthener costs $29.99, and is consistent among all sources checked.
Is Revitanail Nail Strengthener safe?
An evaluation of the chemicals found in every bottle of Revitanail Nail Strengthener reveals the following:
- Camphor, while common in many beauty products, including nail polish, is highly irritating. Some sources even claim that there really isn’t any added benefit of including camphor in a nail polish formulation. So, you’d rather skip it.
- Methyl Alcohol, can be highly poisonous
- Toluene, is well known to cause neurotixicity and organ disfunction and failure. This means, it can adversely affect your central nervous system, and possibly even cause your internal organs to store this harmful, bioaccumulating chemical that may eventually shut down these organs. This chemical has been cited by several studies to cause many other detrimental health effects, including those concerning reproductive and developmental health of both mothers and their babies.
- Formaldehyde, a well-known carcinogen and yet a widely used preservatives in cosmetics, it can also cause severe allergic reactions
Revitanail Nail Strengthener has very clear objectives, and that is to strengthen nails. However, while most other nail polish manufacturers are talking about 3-free or 5-free (free of harmful chemicals often found in nail polish), this product seems to have signed up most of them. There’s been quite a huge debate going on around this issue, and your always free to choose which side you’re in.