Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer: Does It Work?
There are two primary objectives why you should dress up your skin with a foundation and a concealer. The first is to smoothen out your complexion, make it more even toned and visibly improve the appearance of rough patches of skin. That’s why you put on your foundation. For your foundation to do a great job, it should be able to blend in well with your skin so it gives an impression that it is in fact your skin, not makeup.
The second objective is to lighten and cover up your blemishes. With the invention of concealers, it signalled skin perfection at its finest! Always have your concealer in one or up to two shades lighter than your foundation. The tricky fact in using foundation and concealer is that their formulations often do not complement each other, making these harder to blend together.
About Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer
Because Revlon understands how a smooth, radiant complexion is such an important accomplishment and, in fact, must be the raison d’être for makeup and bothering to put on makeup at all, it purposefully puts your needs and concerns first. The newly launched, in time for Spring 2016, Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer is a perfect manifestation of this philosophy.
With Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer, you get only pressed cream-based foundation and concealer that absolutely complement each other’s formulation, so you get that perfect blend that stays on all day — totally no caking — just pure, natural looking, blemish-free skin that never gives away it’s makeup. The formulation for both products dry down to a satin matte finish which makes the Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer best suited for oily to combination skin.
With 12 shades to choose from, there’s one that should perfectly match your skin tone. It stays on all-day, able to withstand sweating, and buildable so you can go from a very sheer, very thin application to a full cover up.
Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer is available in the following shades, arranged from lightest to darkest:
- Natural Beige
- Medium Beige
- Sand Beige
- True Beige
- Warm Golden
- Natural Tan
Absolutely minimalistic in design, the Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer is smartly packed, with a small tray of concealer on top of the round foundation, which also opens up to a space that reveals a mirror and a space to hide away the applicator. It’s a perfect makeup stash you can take anywhere with you so that you can put on flawless skin where ever you may be.
Ingredients in Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer
- Solvent: Aqua (Water) Eau, Ethylhexyl Palmitate
- Moisturizers / Skin Conditioners / Emollients: Octyldodecanol, PEG-8 Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Sodium Hyaluronate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexonoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax Cire De Candelilla), Myristyl Myristate, Lecithin, Pentahydrosqualene, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethylene / Methacrylate Copolymer
- Stabilizers / Texturizers: Silica, Ozokerite,Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polybutene, VP / Hexadecene Copolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone / Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl PEG / PPG-18 / 18 Methicone,Sorbitan Trioleate
- Vitamins: Tocopheryl Acetate
- Cleansing Agents / Oil Control: Salicylic Acid, Boron Nitride
- Anti-irritant: Talc
- Preservatives: Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid
- Opacifying Agents: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
- Colorants: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499),
- Product contains PEGs, which are prone to contamination with carcinogenic and toxic chemicals.
- Product contains parabens and phenoxyethanol, which are hormone-disrupting and neurotoxic substances, respectively.
- Product contains BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene), a suspected carcinogen.
- Several ingredients may be irritating to sensitive skin types.
Love what some of the world’s most unforgettable faces have loved throughout the past several decades. Revlon is the makeup of choice of Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Halle Berry, and most recently, Emma Stone.
Founded in 1932 as a nail lacquer manufacturer, Revlon revolutionized nail trends. The brand expanded significantly in the 1980s to include a full cosmetics lineup, and has since grown to become one of the most recognized cosmetics and beauty brands globally.
How is Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer Used
Apply the foundation first with a foundation brush. Next, apply the concealer using a concealer brush. Blend in well.
The Price Range of Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer
This product retails between $10 to $20 for every .42 oz. compact.
Is Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer safe?
Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer seriously cuts down on having to figure out what it takes to change your skin from normal to ‘wow’! If you’re concerned about safety or, have sensitive skin, it may be best to check out what’s on the labels first before enjoying this product.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."