Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30?
As per the manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen is currently available in two formulations: one that contains oxybenzone and one that does not.
This product is manufactured in the USA and has undergone rigorous FDA approvals, following a new 2012 ruling requiring testing of all sunscreens claiming to provide broad spectrum protection. It has passed the UVA protection test and has been certified as broad spectrum sunscreen. This product comes in a wide range of packaging to suit your needs. It’s even available in trial size packets when you need to see how your skin reacts to it and is also great for your backpacking trips.However according to reviews results are temporary.
Combined, these ingredients plump up skin, smoothens out wrinkles and brings back elasticity and suppleness in aging challenged skin.
What are the Ingredients in Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30?
Key active ingredients are:
- avobenzone (3%), homosalate (10%), octinoxate (7.5%), octisalate (5%), oxybenzone (4%): sunscreen. When combined, these ingredients provide protection from UVA and UVB rays, effectively protecting your skin from sunburn but also from long-term sun damage that age and deteriorate the skin’s appearance and youthful glow.
How to apply Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that –
- Test the product overnight over a small area of your face prior to use.
- Observe the skin for any signs of redness, itchiness, swelling and any other signs of irritation.
- When there are no adverse reactions experienced, apply the product liberally on cleansed and dry skin at least 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapplication is recommended every 80 minutes throughout the day or after perspiring profusely or when engaging in water activities.
Benefits of Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30
- manufacturer claims that this product is free of fragrance, nut oil, gluten, glycol, PABA, Casein, parabens, silicone, and retinyl palmitate. However the effect of this product is temporary..
- available in inexpensive pumps that can be used to refill this refillable bottle.
- widely available in stores, and sold online via the manufacturer’s website and Amazon.
- available in light and refill packaging.
Disadvantages of Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30
- oxybenzone and octinoxate are highly toxic chemical sunscreen actives.
- homosalate, octinoxate, octisalate, and oxybenzone are endocrine-disrupting chemicals that fool body organs by mimicking estrogen, causing imbalances in a person’s system.
- according to the Environmental Working Group, an independent, non-profit reviewer of consumer products, Rocky Mountain Sunscreen contains chemicals of high concern which includes oxybenzone, octinoxate, propylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT).
- full product ingredients list is not openly provided for in manufacturer’s website.
Final verdict: Rocky Mountain Sunscreen SPF30
The trouble with sunscreens is that many products help consumers avoid the harmful health impacts of too much sun exposure but, evading skin cancer often comes with a price. We believe there’s a better way but, you will first have to make a choice. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: