Rodan And Fields Pore Minimizer Toner Review: Is It Really Effective?
Rodan and Fields Pore Minimizer Toner, US $48 for 125 ml, is formulated to give you ideal toning benefits that suits all types of skin. More specifically, this product is designed to bring you the following beauty benefits:
- Purify and cleanse your pores thoroughly and safely, without alcohol in the formula
- Give your skin up to twice daily regular exfoliation that won’t damage your skin
- Tighten your pores and smoothen out your complexion
- Calm and soothe irritated skin for a more even skin tone
- Prep your skin better to more efficiently receive the healing ingredients of your skin care formulations
This product is formulated by Rodan + Fields, a brand founded by dermatologists, Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields.
Rodan and Fields Pore Minimizer Toner Ingredients
- Lactobionic Acid: A new form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that performs mild exfoliating action but, less drying than other AHAs such as glycolic or lactic acid, and, in fact, aids in bringing moisture back to your skin while peeling off the damaged top layer; also has been found to have skin lightening properties that, with regular use, will reveal your brighter complexion
- Gluconolactone: A polyhydroxy acid that has been added to the formula to support exfoliation but is also milder and more gentle on your skin than most other AHAs, including glycolic acid
Use Rodan and Fields Pore Minimizer Toner after every fresh cleanse for your daytime and nighttime skin care regimen. Soak toner in cotton pad and gently apply onto skin with gentle, upwards motion.
Rodan and Fields Pore Minimizer Toner Advantages
- The formula has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be safe for use on all skin types.
- The product formula is infused with skin lightening ingredients, including Lactobionic Acid and Licorice Root Extract that help renew you skin and make it appear brighter.
- Rodan and fields night serum reviews have praised the brand for bringing in new knowledge and innovations to its products all the time, as in the case with this toner, where it must be one of the first few products to use lactobionic acid as an active ingredient.
Rodan and Fields Pore Minimizer Toner Disadvantages
- In a product review made by the consumer watchdog, Environmental Working Group (EWG), this product was given an overall hazard rating of moderate, and an allergic reaction potential of moderate to high.
- This product contains several toxic chemicals that includes phenoxyethanol, Dimethyl MEA, and even polyethylene glycols (PEG) which have a high affinity for 1,4 Dioxane, a carcinogen, and can be easily contaminated with it during product manufacturing process.
- Rodan and fields night serum reviews includes one that pointed out highly irritating ingredients, including fragrance.
Rodan and Fields Pore Minimizer Toner’s lactobionic acid and gluconolactone contents would have been a must-try not only for their current novelty in skin care products but, for the good critical reviews these ingredients have been receiving recently. However, as an overall formula, this product can cause severe skin reactions and that is not to be traded off for whatever benefit may be derived from its active ingredients.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: