Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion: Does It Work?
How many times have you been to told to never let your skin become exposed unprotected to the sun? How often do you get your sunscreen on? The thing is, it isn’t as simple as putting your sunscreen, it’s as complicated as putting the right kind of sunscreen to ensure you get only maximum protection without the controversial active ingredients in sunscreen. What does this mean? Read on.
About Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion
For $32 you can avail yourself of the broad spectrum sun protection of a 30 ml bottle of Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wet Force. It is the revamped version of the ‘non-Wet Force’ formulation which has formed quite a mass following over the past couple of years. Some continue to love this formulation while some still prefer the old one.
Exposure to water and sweating activate the sunscreen properties of this new formulation. This means, the harder you sweat or the wetter you get, the stronger sunscreen protection it is that you’re deriving out of this product. Formulated with a combination of active sunscreen ingredients, this product is capable of providing you with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection that shields your skin from suffering sunburn, redness, wrinkles and other visible signs of skin agins.
This revitalized formulation from Shiseido is infused with two advanced complexes, Super-Veil 360 and Profense CEL to protect the surface layer and the deeper layers of your skin, respectively. This water-resistant formula does not leave traces of white streaks on your skin when applied, and protects your skin for up to 80 minutes even when your skin is wet.
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wet Force retails at $40 for every 3.3 fl. oz. bottle.
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion
Shiseido Company Limited, founded in Japan in 1872, is one of the first and oldest cosmetics brands in the world. Shiseido is credited for formulating the first ever skin softening liquid cream which the world, soon enough, came to call ‘lotion’.
The Shiseido line consists of brands in the skincare, haircare, and makeup beauty lines, among many others. Its sunscreen formulations have been repeatedly cited for superb formulation and sun protection by no less than The Skin Cancer Foundation.
How Does Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Work?
The new formulation continues to be a combined broad spectrum protection from UVA and UVB rays, with a multi-combination of active ingredients that are designed to either physically block radiation from reaching the skin or, chemically alter these damaging rays and turn them into less harmful heat or chemicals.
The Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wet Force utilizes two proprietary complexes that have been specially designed to shield skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays from the outside, and deep down into the skin. Super-Veil 360 enhances the skin’s natural protective barrier against UVB rays, stopping redness, swelling and development of sunburned skin. Profense CEL, on the other hand, protects skin from the cell-damaging effects of UVA rays. It contains enzymes or inhibitors that control the activities of other enzymes which cause skin cells to breakdown and eventually, resulting to the manifestation of wrinkles and other signs of skin aging.
The product’s WetForce technology makes it a tougher skin protectant when wet. To obtain the best possible protection, apply product on skin at least 15 minutes then wet the area before you soak under the sun.
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Ingredients
Active Ingredients / Suncreens:
- Octinoxate 7.4%
- Octocrylene 3.0%
- Titanium Dioxide 1.4%
- Zinc Oxide 16.4%
Inactive Ingredients include the following, grouped according to functional roles in the formulation:
- Solvent: Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, Alcohol
- Moisturizer / Skin Conditioners / Emollients / Emulsifier: Dimethicone,, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Xylitol, Glycerin, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-6, PEG-32, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Ectoin, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Polymethylsilsesquioxane
- Vitamins: Tocopherol
- Antimicrobial: Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract
- Preservatives: BHT, Phenoxyethanol
- Stabilizers / Texturizers / Additives: Isopropyl Myristate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dextrin Palmitate, Silica, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Carboxydecyl Trisiloxane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Talc
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Benefits
- Provides broad spectrum protection
- water-resistant and long-wearing
- Suitable for use as daily and sports and water sports sun protection
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Drawbacks
No product drawbacks noted.
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Dosage Instructions
Apply on skin and wet 15 minutes before sun exposure
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Precautions
For external use only.
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Side Effects
- Octinoxate, highly toxic and disrupts hormone activity
- Octocrylene, well-known skin irritant
- Aluminum hydroxide, aluminum is a well known neurotoxin
- Butylated hydroxytoluente (BHT) might be a carcinogen
- SD Alcohol 40-B, toxic and found to cause developmental abnormalities at birth
- Contain PEGs which are likely contaminated with toxic chemicals and carcinogens
Who Can Use Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion?
People of all ages are free to use this product.
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wet Force can be your daily sun protection partner.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: