Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Review: Is It Good?
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 for Face, US $36 for 30 ml, promotes overall skin health for people with excessively oily skin types and acne-prone skin. More specifically, this product is committed to deliver the following beauty benefits:
- Provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection to protect your skin from the sun
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant protection to shield your skin from damage caused by oxidative stress and free radicals from the environment
- Deliver ingredients that will regulate excessive oil production
- Leave your skin with a clean, clear and mattefied complexion
- Provide a water-resistant formula to keep your skin protected for a prolonged period of time, allowing longer periods between applications
Shiseido traces its roots from Japanese origins, and is one of the world’s oldest and most recognizable brands in beauty and skin care.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face Ingredients
- Octinoxate (7.4%), Octocrylene (3%), Zinc Oxide (8.6%): A combination of chemical and physical sunscreen actives that protects against damaging UVA and UVB rays
- Paeonia Albiflora (Peony) Root Extract: Has pore-tightening and skin illuminating properties that enhances the overall appearance of your skin
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract: Boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels, rendering this product its ability to provide additional UV protection and stop damages that may be caused by free radicals
Apply Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 on face at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply often throughout the day to retain potency to protect your skin from damaging UV.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face Advantages
- This product is formulated to complement the special needs of people with oily skin types.
- The product is formulated to provide up to 40 minutes of water resistant protection for your skin.
- An expert Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-free UV Protector review confirms the super lightweight texture of this product and the gorgeous matte finish it creates on oily skin.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face Disadvantages
- This product is loaded with drying alcohols that can be severely irritating for oily skin types and will most likely aggravate those suffering from chronic acne.
- This product also contains butylene glycol and fragrance ingredients which, together with alcohol, can severely irritate skin and cause irreversible damages to your skin with long-term application.
- This product contains toxic ingredients, which includes its chemical sunscreen actives, the neurotoxic phenoxyethanol, the carcinogen-binding polyethylene glycol (PEG), and the suspected carcinogen BHT.
- A critical Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-free UV Protector review points out how this product’s formula runs low of antioxidants.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 provides a formula that is good enough to pass as a daytime moisturizer with ample sun protection and that leaves the skin with a gorgeous after-effect. Unfortunately, it falls short of delivering on its commitments, that is, to provide ample protection from the three most-damaging factors damaging your skin: sun, free radicals, and excess oils. Your skin simply deserves so much more.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: