Simple Soothing Facial Toner Review: Does It Deliver What It Claims?
For US $7.79, Simple Soothing Facial Toner promises to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Enhances moisture levels
- Tightens pores to keep moisture locked and also smoothen out your skin texture
- Draws out skin impurities and residues left behind by your cleanser and other products in your routine
- Enhances your skin’s better and faster absorption of nutrients from products in your day and night regimens
- Restores healthy pH balance
Simple, a subsidiary of Unilever, is committed to deliver only beneficial formulas to help you help your skin better perform its functions and remain beautiful, without the need for irritating ingredients, like fragrance and dyes, which can jeopardize your overall skin health.
- Chamomile: A plant extract that is widely used in skincare products to help soothe irritated skin and relieve it from inflammation which, in turn, helps curb the development of multiple signs of skin aging
- Ascorbic Acid: Also Vitamin C, provides antioxidant protection for your skin which is most especially important in neutralizing the cell-damaging effects of free radicals; also, re-energizes your skin cells which, in turn, helps speed up the production of collagen and elastin at higher volumes
- Vitamin B5: Also known as Panthenol, rehydrates your skin and helps restore your skin’s healthy moisture levels; also acts to even out blotchiness and relieve patchy, uneven toned skin
- Witch Hazel: Plant extract which helps tighten and smoothen pores, in turn, improving your skin’s ability to keep moisture locked within for longer periods of time
- Allantoin: Helps moisturize and refresh your skin
Apply Simple Soothing Facial Toner after washing your skin with a gentle cleanser and water, follow through with a moisturizer. Swipe a cotton ball wet with the product across your face in upward strokes.
- Unlike most toners, this product is free from skin damaging drying alcohols and synthetic dyes
- Formula includes chamomile, a natural ingredient well-known to soothe and relieve skin from irritation
- Product is safe for use on all skin types, although there are reservations for use for people with sensitive and problematic skin
- Product contains parabens, chemicals which have been proven to affect the proper functioning of hormones, particularly in regulating organ functions
- Lean and simple list of ingredients with instant advantages but, formula will hardly have any longer-lasting benefits for your skin
- Product does not contain antioxidants to provide added protection for your skin, nor does it contain moisture-binding ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramides for enhancing your skin’s protective layer
- Product contains witch hazel which puts skin, most especially the sensitive and problematic types, at risk for irritation and damage
There is no doubt about it, Simple Soothing Facial Toner certainly delivers in its primary commitments, that is, restore pH balance and tighten pores. However, with a severely limited lineup of ingredients in its formulation, you can only expect limited, short-lived benefits. The inexpensive price tag can be tempting but, there are other products that can give you the same benefits as this one does plus, give you longer lasting benefits at the same time.