Sinus Problems Could Be The Major Cause of Dark Cirles
Just try doing a simple search online about sinus problems causing dark circles and you will find lots of queries in forums and other discussion boards regarding the subject. The main question is if dark circles can be caused by sinus problems would commonly yield the answer “yes.” Sinus problems can either result to dark circles or make an existing dark circle problem worse. Let’s take a look at the reason behind this occurrence.
Sinus problems like nasal inflammation can cause venous congestion. This is a condition that interferes with blood flow in the area. Basically, the blood that is trying to return to the heart is trapped in the nasal area and the blood builds up in certain areas like around the eyes. This results in a purplish color of the skin or dark circles.
That’s right. Dark circles can be caused by sinus problems. This also means that treatment of the sinus problem can help reduce or even eliminate the appearance of dark circles around the eyes. However, sinus problems aren’t the only cause of dark circles and there are many other possible causes of the condition.
Other Causes of Dark Circles
Among the most common causes of dark circles are certain lifestyle factors like a diet high in sodium which can cause water retention in the area around the eyes. Smoking, lack of sleep, chronic alcohol abuse and stress can also result in dark circlesaround the eyes.
Another major cause is heredity wherein the trait is transferred from one generation to the next. Rubbing or scratching the area around the eyes can also cause dark circles due to the inflammation of the area. Are you fond of using eyeliner? Don’t rub your under eyes harshly when removing the eyeliner as this can cause dark circles. Another major cause of the condition is aging since the skin becomes thinner and more delicate.
Dark Circles Treatment
If the cause of dark circles is a sinus problem, the best thing to do is to consult a sinus specialist and treat the sinus problem. Once the sinus problem is treated, the dark circles will usually disappear after some time. However, if it is not the only cause, the dark circles will remain. This is why you need to check your lifestyle and determine if there are other causes of your dark circle problem. In most cases, a good eye cream can quickly reduce and eventually get rid of your dark circles. You just need to find a good product by performing thorough research.
It is a fact that dark circles can be caused by sinus problems. If this is the case then you need to treat the sinus problem quickly in order to get rid of your dark circle problem. Just remember that there are many other possible causes of dark circles which may be the source of your problem.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.