SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner?
As per the manufacturer, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, US $179 for 160 ml, is a skin essence that boosts your skin’s moisture and nutrient content with over 90 per cent concentration of SK-II’s primary ingredient for its line of products, Pitera, a patented ingredient that contains very high concentrations of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and organic acids but it may cause skin irritation.
SK-II is a full line of facial care products that are founded on the secret ingredient, sake. The developers of the formula first observed how sake brewers’ hands aged much later as a result of being regularly soaked in fermented sake. The brand later took this knowledge to develop Pitera, a proprietary ingredient, that mixed sake with a host of other beneficial skin ingredients to form this complex.
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner – Does it Really work?
This essence commits to deliver the following skin health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Significantly boost your skin’s moisture content and improve round-the-clock hydration.
- Enhance your skin’s cell renewal and layer turnover processes.
- Smoothen and soften your skin, making signs of aging fade in appearance.
- Improve your skin’s firmness, elasticity and volume.
- Restore your skin’s youthful radiance and overall vitality.
This product works by delivering high concentrations of moisturizing ingredients. It is combined with highly potent antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and organic acids that help make your skin become better absorbent as well, preparing it to receive the succeeding serums and creams in your routine.
What are the Ingredients in SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner?
- Pitera: The key ingredient to all SK-II products, it infuses your skin in a deep nourishing complex of ingredients, including micronutrients, amino acids, and organic acids, to help your skin feel rejuvenated and look its youthful self once again.
- Galactomytes Ferment Filtrate (GFF): A complex that moisturizes your skin while simultaneously adding in more antioxidants for your skin’s defense and enhancing your skin’s production of hyaluronic acid.
- Butylene Glycol: Preservative that prevents products from drying out.However it may cause a rash around the eyes or skin irritation.
Benefits of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner
- The solution penetrates your skin more easily than a cream formulation, which means that your skin can more easily assimilate its beneficial ingredients.
- The solution does not leave a residue on your skin, and makes for a great way to moisturize your skin when layered with makeup in the morning but it may cause skin irritation sometimes.
- It does not leave your skin with a tight, drying sensation nor a greasy surface, and it does not make your skin feel sticky after product application.
Disadvantages of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner
- This product is formulated with parabens, chemicals that can cause dysfunctions to your endocrine system, including your reproductive organs and hormones that control several bodily mechanisms
- This product is significantly more expensive than other essences, and clearly benefits different people differently, some gaining more improvements while others hardly see any difference.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence reviews by beauty specialists criticize the primary ingredient claims concerning Pitera, noting how there is very limited evidence to support these.
- It does not offer money back guarantee.
Does SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner Have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions to one or more product components, most especially butylene glycol.
- Increased risk for various forms of cancer due to Sodium Benzoate which when it combines with Vitamin C, can create a chemical change where one of the by-products is benzene, a carcinogen.
How To Apply SK-II Facial Treatment Essence toner?
For best results, the manufacturer suggests to-
- Take a teaspoonful amount of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and rub between your palms.
- Apply with upwards strokes all over your face, neck and chest, occasionally tapping to pack in more product into your skin.
- This product is meant to be used right after a fresh cleanse.
Final Verdict: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence gives you a wonderful brand story to tell about how Pitera was discovered and formulated. Unfortunately, SK-II does not seem very keen on providing evidence on the efficacy of this secret ingredients and of this product. Yet, there are also the predominantly rave reviews about this product. Some people simply get to enjoy more significant benefits which could well be a result of this product’s suitability with what their skin requires.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Toner Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."