Skin Ceuticals: Does Skin Ceuticals Work?
Skin Ceuticals Overview
Behind a company name that plays on the industry’s latest buzzword, SkinCeuticals was developed in 1997. Designed to discover, create and provide innovative dermatological products that improve the skin’s overall health and appearance, SkinCeuticals took part in research that would lead the rest in the production of Vitamin C- induced cosmeceuticals to fight the environmentally based signs of aging.
More than just a skincare company mixing pharmaceuticals and cosmetics in their labs, the company is responsible for publishing its clinical studies in renowned medical journals usually dedicated to pharmaceutical research. Incorporating the cellular, bio-molecular, chemical, biophysical and medicinal disciplines, SkinCeuticals demonstrates its commitment to addressing the signs of aging at each stage of its progression. This approach of including the various disciplines of scientific medicine represents a true desire to understand the skin and how to ensure its health.
The entrenching of the SkinCeuticals brand in science and medicine is reinforced with clinical abstracts for its products available through its blue and white SkinCeuticals.com website. The company symbolizes its serious science affiliation through images of test tubes and flasks. While there is an abundance of clinical information and answers to frequently asked questions, the questions seem a little superficial and no result photos are provided which negates the possibility of visual analysis.
Skin Ceuticals – Product Description
Packaged in eye-dropper bottles and pumps, the skincare lines elicit the sterility of pharmaceutical products. Available in retail and professional formulas, the line includes the usual cleansers, toners, moisturizers and tanners. However, the company’s contribution to anti-aging includes a series of potent prevention serums, corrective gels, and moisturizing emollients.
Dedicated to correcting skin imperfections that impact the eyes’ youthfulness is SkinCeuticals’ Eye Renewal Gel. Reasonably priced at $30, the eye gel is a 5% mix of hydroxy acids–a chemical compound derived from oxygen and hydrogen bonds, aloe, algae, chamomile and a moisturizing agent. Contrived for nightly use and safe for all skin types, it gently exfoliates dead skin, reduces inflammation and softens the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while restoring moisture without excess oil and other irritants.
Despite some stickiness, slow absorption and drying, SkinCeuticals’ Eye Renewal Gel sports overwhelmingly high third party reviews.
Skin Ceuticals Advantage
- SkinCeuiticals Eye Renewal Gel is reasonably priced and is one offering in a full skincare line.
- The SkinCeutical website provides plenty of clinical research information.
- The Eye Renewal Gel enjoys resoundingly high reviews with very few naysayers.
- With a short list of ingredients, the company limits its products to what is absolutely necessary.
Skin Ceuticals – Drawbacks
- The Eye Renewal Gel can be sticky and drying confining it to night use only.
- The website relies on its research in the absence of result photos
- Its FAQs pages are superficial.
Skin Ceuticals – The Bottomline
Those looking for the benefits derived from science and pharmaceuticals with the application of cosmetics may find SkinCeuticals to be an example of medicinal skincare beautified. Since the level of health and beauty is perceived through appearance, SkinCeuticals delves into the research that supports a healthy foundation in how the skin works in order achieve restored youth. Heavy on research and abstracts with no desire to be the usual skincare line, SkinCeuticals approaches skincare issues in the same way the hard sciences deal with bodily ailments. Reputable enough for a professional line as well as a retail version plus a host of long-term customers, SkinCeuticals Eye Renewal Gel makes a worthy contribution to restoring the eye’s youthfulness.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.