Skin Cleansing: Facts That You Need To Know
Advertising Disclosure ?
The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Much has been said before about detoxifying and cleansing – from diet fads to activities that allegedly help the body excrete toxins and other potentially harmful substances from the body. Many, including leading health professionals, have attested to the health benefits of practicing some forms of detoxification but, skin cleansing – really?
Skin And Skin Cleansing
Skin will have to be one of the most embattled parts of your body. After all, it covers you from the top of your head, down to the tips of your toes. It is because of which too that the skin is the first tissue of your body to become exposed to harsh weather conditions and other environmental factors that can harm your more delicate wet tissues. Skin protects your internal organs by taking the beating first.
Skin is further degraded by makeup which are, more often than not, formulated with harsh and toxic ingredients that damages your skin but also, negatively affects your overall health and well-being too.
That’s why it is important for you to learn more about what you’re putting on your skin. Makeup and skincare products can be loaded with synthetic substances, like artificial skin conditioners, that are structurally engineered from inorganic products. Since these are inorganic, the body is compelled to work overtime to breakdown and digest its synthetic ingredients.
Parabens in skincare products, often used as preservatives, also have detrimental health effects, and it’s even more distubing to know that parabens can be detected in the bloodstream just minutes after topical application of a product laden with parabens. Parabens mimic hormones which confuse your body’s natural rhythm and lead to side effects, including acne outbreaks. Even worse, parabens have been linked to certain types of cancers.
Your skin does need a little bit of deliberate pampering on a periodic basis. And, no, by ‘pampering’, you are not simply enjoined to sign up for regular spa treatments although these can help in your skin’s recovery too.
Cleansing For Your Skin
Skin detox is an important way for skin to release harmful toxins, eliminate damaging free radicals, and stimulate skin renewal and rejuvenation. Overall skin cleansing and detox can help you feel and look younger for longer, without having to rely too much on lathering your skin with harmful chemicals.
There are many ways by which you can aid your skin in detoxifying. Below are just some of the ways you can help cleanse your skin the more natural way:
- Physical means of cleansing. Always keep your skin clean and clear of makeup and foreign bodies. Refrain from using makeup when you don’t have to, and never hit the sack without taking off makeup completely. Start a habit of consciously reading the label in your beauty and skincare products, and research, research, research! Never compromise your health for empty promises of beauty.
Practice a healthy skincare habit of cleansing, toning and moisturizing to prop up your skin’s health everyday. In between this routine, include exfoliation in your skincare regiment to help skin flush out unwanted and othewise harmful substances in your pores.
- Steam bath and saunas help skin detoxify from within the deepest sections of the skin. Eliminate harmful substances from skin by sweating it out. Refrain from using any product when you hit the sauna so that your pores are opened, unclogged, and ready to flush out skin impurities.
- Sweat it out by exercising and doing strenuous activities. Exercise is another great way to detox and cleanse your skin. Exercise does not have to be confined in a gym or a yoga clinic. You certainly don’t need to shell out extra bucks to take advantage of the many benefits that exercise has to offer. Take a walk and hit the stairs whenever you can.
- Prepare yourself a detox diet by eating organic and choosing all natural. What better way to detox and cleanse your skin than by stimulating regular body processes to eliminate harmful toxins. It will be ideal if you can shift to a diet that is always freshly prepared and packed with natural food nourishment. However, if you can’t always have the time to eat hot and fresh food, make a conscious effort to periodically be on this kind of diet to help your body recover from the potentially ill effects of toxins and inorganic substances in your body.
If you’re not used to eating loads of vegetables and fruits, the best way to get more of these good stuff in your system is to juice them! Get yourself a blender and make yourself all sorts of combinations of veggies and fruits drinks to get more fiber into your system. Fibers in food are like body sweepers – they collect the toxins and then flush them out of your system.
- Meditate. Cleansing does involve the mind too. Clear your head from your daily stresses by finding quiet time to reflect and relax.
Read Also: Best Make up Brush Cleansers to try at Home
You May Also Like: TOP CLEANSERS
Skin cleansing can give you clear, flawless, younger looking skin the natural way. Now, you won’t have to leave up your skin’s fate over some product that merely promises to work some kind of magic to erase years of damage on your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: