Skin Pharmacy Facial Scrub Review: Is It Safe To Use?
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Introduction
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub, US $15 for 12o ml tube, is an exfoliating treatment that also serves to brighten and rehydrate your skin
What Does CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Cleanse, clear and exfoliate your skin to rid it of impurities, including toughened grime deposited in your pores, and hard buildup of debris masking the top layer of your skin
- Purify your skin and enhance the tone and brightness of your complexion
- Improve the texture of your skin’s surface layer, making it smoother and softer
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Manufacturer’s Detail
CVS is a “pharmacy innovation company with a simple and clear purpose: Helping people on their path to better health.” CVS is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the US with headquarters located in Rhode Island. The company also has operations in Puerto Rico and Brazil.
Working of CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub
This product exfoliates by combining physical and AHA grade exfoliation while brightening and rehydrating your skin.
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Ingredients
- Glycolic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid that provides mild and gentle exfoliation, specifically facilitating the elimination of damaged and dead skin cells sitting on the surface of your skin, and gently lifting these to wash off
- Super-fine Microdermabrasion Granules: Rub against your skin to loosen up the debris and facilitate the dissolution and flushing of impurities from your skin
- Licorice Root extract: Brightens your overall skin complexion while also enhancing the moisture content of your skin
- Meadowfoam Extract: Delivers high levels of antioxidants to revitalize your skin as well as protect it from future damage
- Jojoba Oil: Delivers considerable amounts of moisture that plumps your skin, making it appear dewier and more supple to touch
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Pros
- This product does not contain parabens which can cause hormone fluctuations that can affect the proper functioning of the organs that these regulate.
- The formula is free from sulfates, chemicals which at different forms can either cause organ toxicity, reproductive health problems, cancer, and neurotoxicity.
- This scrub granules included in this product are polylactic acid beads which are safer and non-polluting than the polyethylene beads that have been traditionally added to cleansers and exfoliants.
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Cons
- This product appears to have a very limited availability with a limited distribution channel, and may not be easy to access in may geographies, not even online.
- The glycolic acid, and other beneficial ingredients in this product are provided very limited time to act on your skin, and therefore deliver very limited benefits compared to when these are added to leave on products.
- CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub reviews posted by users are severely limited and will not provide sufficient information about how other people are responding to this product.
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including retinyl palmitate
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to chlorphenesin
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub must be applied on damp skin. Use only 2 to 3 times every week, depending on your skin’s sensitivity, and how well you can tolerate this product. Massage in gently and leave on for up to 2 minutes only before thoroughly rinsing off the product from your skin.
CVS Skin + Pharmacy Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub is made up of a fairly powerful formula that delivers benefits beyond exfoliation. The benefits of these components, however, are best applied on your skin as part of leave-on products to prolong contact and impact on your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: