Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub Review: Should You Buy This Scrub?
Skin Prep Scrub Overview:
Skin Prep Scrub, US $37 for a 2.5 oz. tube, is a scrub that promises to purify your skin, treat existing infections, and prevent future breakouts from happening.
About Skin Prep Scrub — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Dermalogica, the skin care brand originally created to cater to provide high potency products to serve the needs of professional estheticians and top spa destinations worldwide. Presently, Dermalogica has opened up channels to distribute the same quality and high grade formulations to end-users by making these available online and in physical, commercial stores.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Deliver mild and gentle exfoliation to clear and purify your skin of surface debris as well as impurities locked tight in your pores.
- Support the alleviation and prevention of skin infections to promote clearer, blemish-free skin.
- Help control and regulate oil production to keep your oily skin from greasing and, in effect, prevent skin infections and breakouts.
- Prepare your skin to receive the beneficial ingredients that can be derived from other products included in your skin care regimen.
What Are The Ingredients In Skin Prep Scrub ?
- Corn Cob Meal: Facilitate mild and gentle, all-natural scrubbing to slough off the dead skin cells lying around on the surface of your skin as impurities are also drawn out of your pores.
- Mallow Extract: It has a calming effect on skin which reduces inflammation as it supports the appearance of a more even skin tone.
- Aloe Vera: Facilitates faster rate of skin healing, it also helps rebuild the damaged skin layer and repair any damaged area of your skin following scrubbing.
- Arnica Extract: Renders multiple functions that benefit your skin, including antiseptic and anti-inflammatory as it simultaneously improves skin renewal.
- Cucumber Extract: Promotes improved skin hydration throughout the process and following your scrubbing session.
Directions To Use:
Skin Prep Scrub may be used daily or several times weekly, depending on your exfoliation requirements and your skin’s tolerance. As a daily scrub, dilute with a regular face cleanser. For intense exfoliation, leave on for at least 10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Skin Prep Scrub contains ingredients well-recognized for their anti-inflammatory and healing capabilities that eliminate or lessen the irritating sensation that is commonly associated with scrubbing and exfoliation.
- This product is not ideal for use on acne-challenged skin given the large exfoliators which can only cause pores and infection to spread.
- This product is formulated with large corn exfoliators that many users may find unnecessarily or irritatingly too abrasive for their skin type.
- Skin Prep Scrub reviews indicate that many users find this product irritating.
Does Skin Prep Scrub Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Skin Prep Scrub:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, botanical ingredients and citric acid.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol.
Skin Prep Scrub completely goes against the tide in physical scrubbing. Other products are competing to create a formula that can exfoliate skin made with refined exfoliators. Not many users will be able to tolerate this product well.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Scrub Cleanser Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."