SkinCentric Eye Serum Review: Is This Eye Serum Worth Buying?Advertising Disclosure ?
SkinCentric Eye Serum is an anti-aging serum that is meant to restore a youthful look to the skin around your eyes. The manufacturer claims it reduces wrinkles, lightens dark circles, brightens eyes, and decreases puffiness and bags. It does this by using a 3 in 1 formula that uses botanicals and peptides to boost collagen and hydrate skin for a healthy, smooth, glowing look.
The manufacturer does not readily identify themselves, and the official site has no “About” page or any information about the company.
You can only purchase this product through the manufacturer. It also seems that you can’t purchase it without signing up for the free trial that is available, first. The problem with this is that the free trial signs you up for an automatic delivery subscription program that charges you for a new jar each month unless you cancel. The full price of the product is only listed in the terms and conditions, hidden away. It is $84.95 plus shipping.
Please note that the manufacturer does not supply the full ingredient list. The list below is just the few ingredients mentioned in the product description.
- Botanicals: which plants are used is not disclosed
- Peptides: which types are used is not disclosed
- Hyaluronic acid: moisturizer
Apply the serum daily to the skin around the eyes.
- Reduce fine lines like crow’s feet
- Reduce puffiness and bags
- Lighten dark under-eye circles
- Free trial offer
- There is no documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness.
- The free trial is only 14 days from the date of purchase
- The free trial signs you up for a membership program that will charge your card every month
- Expensive compared to similar products
- Only available through the manufacturer
The unnamed manufacturer of SkinCentric Eye Serum promises that this serum will drastically reduce signs of aging around the eyes like crow’s feet, puffiness, and dark circles. However, the full ingredient list is not provided. The company does provide a chart that is supposed to show results, but the graph is completely unmarked and is really just a line on a page. No real documentation supporting the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied. Hyaluronic acid has been proven to be an effective moisturizer, though, so at least the hydration aspect of the product is substantiated.
There is a free trial available, but the trial itself is not very good. You only have 14 days from the date of purchase, which means you have even less time to try the product. Then, if you don’t cancel in time, you are signed up for a membership that charges you each month—something that is not made immediately clear on the site.
The serum is only available through the manufacturer and doesn’t appear to be available for direct purchase. To obtain it, you must sign up for the free trial.
There are many anti-aging eye serums available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."