Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Skinceuticals Acne Serum?
According to the manufacture Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE, US $91 for 30 ml, is a product that combines a formula that fights skin aging and which is perfect for use on acne-challenged skin at the same time. More specifically, this product has been formulated to deliver the following instant and lasting, beauty and health benefits for your skin:
- Provide gentle, regular exfoliation with every product use that will lift and eliminate the damaged top layer of your skin to make way for a new one to surface
- Draw out impurities stuck in your pores to help prevent infections and breakouts
- Regulate skin turnover to minimize skin shedding which blocks your pores. Although this product contains alcohol which may trigger skin irritation.
- Stimulate collagen production to improve skin health and elasticity
- Over time, help restore and enhance the youthful appearance of your skin
- Skinceuticals, now owned by L’Oreal, was originally founded by a group of experts who had been extensively involved in skin cancer research.
What Are The Ingredients In Skinceuticals Acne Serum?
- Salicylic Acid (1.5%): These ingredients work together to clear away pore-clogging impurities. However it may cause redness of the skin.
- Caproloyl Salicylic Acid (0.3%): A beta hydroxy acid that helps lift and eliminate dry skin to even out your skin and relieve it from flaky skin
- Dioic Acid (2.0%): helps in better managing oil production
- Glycolic Acid (3.5%) and Citric Acid (0.5%): Alpha hydroxy acids that help stimulate collagen production by sloughing off the top layer of your skin, faking damage, to prompt your skin to surface a newer, younger-looking layer
How To Apply Skinceuticals Acne Serum
- Use Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE together with your day time and night time skin care routines.
- Apply the product only after thoroughly cleansing and toning.
Benefits Of Skinceuticals Acne Serum
- This product is laden with exfoliants that help regularly purify your skin to keep blemishes and acne off.
- This product is specially formulated for people suffering from an acne-challenged skin which, too often, cannot tolerate the harsh formulation of anti-aging products.
- This product does not dry out skin. Although many user reviews say it isn’t very effective.
Disadvantages Of Skinceuticals Acne Serum
- This product can be highly irritating to your skin, and may have to be gradually introduced to your skin to allow your skin to adjust to the formula.
- This product is formulated with denatured alcohol, one of the worst ingredients that you can ever allow your skin to get into contact with, not just for its irritating effect, but more importantly, for its permanently damaging results.
- Skinceuticals acne serum reviews includes one posted by a critic which pointed out that the alcohol content of this product can worsen the state of acne-prone skin.
- This product is comparatively expensive.
Final Verdict : Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE
Skinceuticals BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE is a great concept, merging acne and anti aging care. It’s sad that it was poorly executed though. With alcohol as part of the formula, there’s no reason to continue if you have acne prone skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Acne Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."