Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector Review: Best Spot Corrector?
Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector bills itself as an anti-aging product that can help address skin discolorations in all ages and ethnicities. Skin discolorations can come about through cumulative skin injury from the sun or pollution, as well as aging, and this product uses a range of exfoliants to support this goal. The product is sold in 30ml (1 ounce) bottles, at a price of $90 when ordered direct from Skinceuticals. We were able to find it for as low as $62 per bottle at other online retailers, so shopping around may pay off.
A full list of Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector’s ingredients are available at the manufacturer’s website, though it is too long for us to reproduce here. The active ingredients are as follows:
- Salicylic Acid: An exfoliant intended to help remove discolored or moribund skin cells
- Hydroxyphenoxy Proprionic Acid: A chemical included to help fade the appearance of discoloration and even out apparent skin tone
- Ellagic Acid: An antioxidant meant to encourage healthy skin cells.
Apply a small amount of this product to a dry face or other discolored area. For best results, avoid sun exposure while using this product.
- This product is formulated for all ethnicities, which is a common challenge in products intended to address skin discoloration
- Directions are easy to follow, making it simple to make this product a part of one’s routine.
- Available from many retail outlets, so you can shop around
- Non-comedogenic; won’t encourage acne
- No scientific research or clinical studies are cited to support the claims being made for the product’s effectiveness or function
- The price per bottle is very high
Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector has a lot going for it, at least according to their own claims. A skin lightening/smoother that works for people of color and all complexions is a really promising concept, but there is no clinical evidence provided to support these assertions, which makes it hard to take them on faith. Also, the price per bottle is extremely high, and while it might well be worth it, there are other anti aging treatments available at a range of prices in the modern marketplace. You’d be well served to shop around thoroughly before you commit to a purchase, to be sure you get what fits your needs.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.