Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL: Does it Work?
Antioxidants play a major role in keeping skin intact, undamaged and youthful. Unfortunately, free radicals are so much persistent in damaging body cells, and that includes skin cells. Every time your skin is overwhelmed and overrun by these cell-damaging particles, skin either breaks or dies. The result? Fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dark under eye circles and age spots.
Product Description, Manufacturer’s Information, and Price Details
That is why it pays to pay greater attention to prevention. Stop the skin cell damage from happening in the first place by upping your skin’s antioxidant content.
Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL is specifically formulated to prevent damage on and around your eye area, where skin is thinnest, and the most sensitive and prone to aging. Recommended for use on all skin types, this eye gel is formulated with powerful antioxidants that easily and deeply penetrate skin to immediately rescue skin from potentially damaging free radical activities, while simultaneously preventing free radicals from penetrating skin on the skin surface.
This product is generally indicated for use on mature or aging skin. It helps improve the appearance of tired eyes, eye puffiness and dark under eye circles. Moreover, Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL also helps correct some of the damage that has already been done, that includes making dark spots and fine lines appear much less prominent and thus, less visible.
Every 15 ml bottle of Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL carries a $93 price tag.
This product is made from the following active ingredients:
- Antioxidants: Phloretin (1%), L-ascorbic acid (5%), Ferulic acid (.5%), kept activated in a gel formulation so it reaches skin in your eye area in optimal grade and condition, the combination of these antioxidants provide long-lasting protection to the damage-prone skin around your eyes while also correcting some skin imperfections.
- Ruscus aculeatus root extract and Caffeine, improve microcirculation to ease and prevent fluids from getting stuck under your eyes which causes puffy eyes and under eye bags
Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL is made from the following ingredients:
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Undecane, Bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone, Alcohol Denat., Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tridecane, Phloretin, Lauryl PEG-9, Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Ferulic Acid, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Caffeine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide
Cleanse face thoroughly then, dot skin around the eyes with this product. Massage into skin until fully absorbed.
Pros & Cons
The antioxidant complex is an awesome combination. However, the price tag is simply too much to pay for antioxidants. Some reviews also point out poor packaging and stickiness as drawbacks to this product.
Preventing damage can do wonders in helping your skin evade aging longer. Sure, Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL can help you do exactly that but, other than there may be cheaper alternatives, there are also several other things that you can do to help you achieve that. How about keeping your face clean and away from the sun for starters?
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.