What is Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum?
SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense provides patchy and discolored skin the help it needs to show clearer, more even-toned skin.
This treatment serum contains high concentrations of ingredients that correct the imperfect appearance of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation which normally accompanies aging and maturing skin but also skin that is constantly exposed to urban pollution, UV, cigarette smoke and other environmental elements that damage the skin.
Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum – Does it Really Work?
Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum reviews highlight that this serum is complemented by the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic.
This serum works by sloughing off skin layers that contain damaged skin cells and then eliminates these from your skin. Skin lightening ingredients support skin brightening mechanisms by inhibiting the production of specific enzymes that, in turn, stop the activation of melanin production.
What Are The Ingredients In Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum?
Ingredients in the Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum reviews are:
- Tranexamic Acid (3.0%): Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum reviews refer to this ingredient as the safer equivalent of hydroquinone. It visibly lightens dark pigments and corrects other forms of discoloration.
- Kojic Acid (1.0%): Derived from fungi, this ingredient works by inhibiting the production of tyrosynase, an enzyme that enables melanin production. By controlling melanin production, your skin becomes clearer and more even-toned.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, 5.0%): This ingredient helps in breaking down unwanted skin pigments and even corrects yellowish skin. It is considered as a super antioxidant that helps revive your skin’s youthful vitality in delivering repair and regenerative functions that improve your skin’s appearance.
- HEPES (5.0%): This is an exfoliant that loosens up debris seated on the surface of your skin. It helps facilitate faster exfoliation and speedier turnovers.
- Allantoin: It helps restore your skin’s optimal moisture levels. It also has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help clear your skin from blemishes caused by infections.
How to apply Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum?
Use this product only on freshly cleansed and toned skin. Dot the product around your face, include neck and chest if desired. Safely layer with the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic and Skinceuticals Phyto, so you can see visible improvements to your discoloration issues much sooner.
Benefits of Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum
- This skin brightening product is safe for use on sensitive skin, based on manufacturer recommendation.
- Reviews indicate that users have derived benefits by using this serum as claimed by its makers.
- Each vial comes with a dropper which lessens the risk of contamination.
- Just like other Skinceuticals products, including the Skinceutical Phyto, this serum is free from fragrances and parabens.
- The contents are packaged in an opaque plastic bottle which helps protect the formula from degradation due to regular exposure to heat and light.
Disadvantages of Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum
- More sensitive skin types may find this product irritating and may grow allergic reactions as a result of contact.
- User reviews are limited.
- This product works differently across different users.
- The formula is laden with ingredients that may cause harm to the skin and general health.
- The formula is not packaged in an airtight bottle.
Does Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum Have Any Side-Effects?
Side effects of SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense are:
- Its exfoliators and butylene glycol can irritate skin.
- Chlorphenesin can cause the skin permanent damage over time.
- EDTA may increase risks for organ-related dysfunctions.
Is it worth buying SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense?
Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum reviews show that this serum may be helpful in correcting discolored skin. Imperfections may be corrected by exfoliation but, it may not be sufficient for more severe forms of hyperpigmentation. In any case, this formula is only as good as how well it complements your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions About SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense:
What is the Price of Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum?
SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense costs $100 for a a fl. oz. vial.
Is Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum approved by the FDA?
This product is considered as a cosmetic and is not subject to FDA review and approval.
Who Should Use Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense Serum?
This serum will best benefit adults who have issues with skin discoloration.
How long will results last?
Benefits last only for as long as the product is used regularly and applied to skin consistently.