Skinceuticals Eye Cream Reviews- Should You Trust This Product?Advertising Disclosure ?
Firm, well-moisturized, and bright skin complexion around your eyes is desirable, if not the most desirable, achievement to aim for in anti-aging. Why? That’s because skin around the eyes are so thin and delicate, and signs of aging growing in this area of your face is the most noticeable. If you can keep your eye area free from imperfections then, you should be able to effectively prevent signs of aging from showing up on other areas of your face too.
Product Description, Manufacturer’s Information, and Price Details
Skinceuticals Eye Cream promises to let you do just that. It claims to be formulated from a combination of botanical and synthetic ingredients that support your skin’s bid to stay younger for longer. It does so by keeping your skin better hydrated, protecting it from damage caused by environmental stressors, and supporting skin to better and more efficiently perform its natural repair and rejuvenation functions. In addition, Skinceuticals Eye Cream also claims that it can correct skin imperfections that have somehow already found a way to get to your skin.
This product is recommended for mature and aging skin of normal to oily skin types, particularly those manifesting damages caused by unprotected sun exposure, and those regularly exposed to environmental stressors including heat and pollution.
Skinceuticals Eye Cream helps improve the appearance of dark under eye circles and puffy eyes while also improving skin firmness and elasticity for $72 for every 20 ml bottle.
Skinceuticals Eye Cream is made from the following three active ingredients:
- Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, dramatically increases the amino acid levels in the skin, available for various skin repair and rejuvenation processes that, in turn, help lessen the prominence and visibility of tired eyes and dark circles.
- Centenella asiatica, naturally contains A, B, C and D vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants which, combined, improve skin protection and supports skin repair, improving overall skin health and elasticity.
- Ectoin, helps keep skin moisturized and therefore better able to fight signs of aging caused by sun exposure and other environmental agressors.
This product also contains the following ingredients:
aqua / water / eau, cyclopentasiloxane, ethoxydiglycol, ectoin, cetyl alcohol, polyurethane-21, cetearyl glucoside, tocopheryl acetate, peg-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, polyacrylamide, steareth-20, glycerin, dimethicone, dipeptide-2, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, hesperidin methyl chalcone, c13-14 isoparaffin, centella asiatica extract, dimethicone crosspolymer, methylparaben, laureth-7, sodium hyaluronate, disodium edta, propylparaben, silica, juniperus communis fruit oil, ceramide 1, ceramide 3, ceramide 6 ii, carbomer, sodium lauroyl lactylate, cholesterol, xanthan gum, phytosphingosine, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben
Use this product up to twice daily for best results and to see improvements sooner. Apply on thoroughly cleansed eye area only. Take care not to get product in contact with your eyes.
Pros & Cons
This product’s formulation contains sufficient amounts of all the good things you can stuff your skin with everyday to keep it well nourished. However, the presence of parabens is a major concern. Parabens have been found to disrupt hormone signalling, control and regulation.
If have set your mind on trying out this product, that’s absolutely the only way you can evaluate if it complements your skin and your eye skin issues.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."