Skinceuticals Phyto Plus Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum?
Skinceuticals Phyto Plus, US $86 for 30 ml, is a product that promises to correct skin discolorations. More specifically, this product commits to deliver the following benefits for your pigmentation challenged skin:
- Treat areas of discoloration without irritating your skin
- Lighten dark spots to promote a more evened out skin tone
- Enhance and brighten your overall skin complexion
- Deliver a moisturizing boost to soften and smoothen your skin
- Calm and soothe skin irritations
SkinMedica is a skin care brand that has been founded by a group of people who spent years researching about skin cancer and treatments.
What Are the Ingredients In Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum?
- Arbutin Glycoside: Consists of uva ursi (Bear’ Grape), it aids in detoxifying affected areas of your skin while also delivering anti-inflammatory benefits that soothes skin irritations which, in turn, aids in relieving skin patchiness and in enhancing your skin complexion
- Kojic Acid: Derived from fungi, this ingredient is a well-regarded skin whitening ingredient that has the power to fade your dark spots, improve on your hyper pigmentation problems, and promote a brighter overall skin tone
- Thyme And Cucumber Extracts: Have refreshing and soothing qualities that moisturizes and calms skin irritations at the same time.
How To Apply Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum
- As, per the suggested guidelines of the manufacturer use Skinceuticals Phyto Plus together with your daytime and night time skin care routines.
- Following a fresh and gentle cleansing and toning.
- Use this product as a spot corrector, applying a few drops to affected areas of your skin, and layering it under your creams.
Benefits Of Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum
- Product contains highly moisturizing ingredients, many are derived from botanical sources.
- This product is formulated with a botanically derived skin lightening ingredient, kojic acid, which is a much better and much safer alternative to hydroquinone, a suspected carcinogen.
- This product is free from parabens.
- Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum reviews have repeatedly cited the product’s effectiveness in lightening users’ dark spots and other hyper pigmentation issues.
Disadvantages of Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum
- Product formula uses the preservative, phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin capable of accumulating in the body which, at toxic levels, can cause problems involving the brain and the rest of the central nervous system.
- Product is expensive compared to similar products that promise to deliver the same results.
- Manufacturer fails to provide proof of product efficacy to demonstrate how well this product performs, neither does it provide information on user satisfaction ratings.
- Several Skinceuticals hyperpigmentation serum reviews have shared how this product failed to improve their complexions and that dark spots remained to be a problem even with some who have used the product regularly for over a year.
Final Verdict: Skinceuticals Phyto Plus
Skinceuticals Phyto Plus is a product created as an addition to any skin care regimen that requires a more potent treatment for evening out and lightening skin discolorations and dark spots when it is necessary. In the absence of any evidence of product efficacy, and with a limited number of reviews that has a good number of people attesting to its inability to deliver on its commitments, sadly, this product seems to add only cost to your beauty budget. Don’t despair, just keep looking.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Serums formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.