Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Review: Is It Really Effective?
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Introduction
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense, US $34 for a 30 ml tube, is a broad spectrum sunscreen that gives you protection and a mattified complexion, using only mineral sunscreen agents to provide your skin with UV protection.
What Does Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product is capable of delivering the following benefits:
- Deliver for you physical, non-toxic sun protection that shields your skin from both UVA and UVB
- Allow your skin to dry down from a mousse to a powder matte finish, and keep it that way throughout the day
- Give your skin coverage using a universal tint that evens out your natural skin tone
- Controls and regulates shine
- Improves the appearance of your skin’s surface and gives your pores a tighter appearance
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Manufacturer’s Detail
When a team of scientists who looked in-depth at skin cancer got together and decided to make quality skincare products to the general public, they decided to call the brand, “Skinceuticals”. “Advanced skincare backed by Science” is the guiding principle behind every product formulated and sold under this brand. The people behind it strongly advocate that beautiful skin happens naturally when healthy skin is achieved first.
Working of Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense
This product works by delivering mineral sunscreen that blocks UV physically and, therefore, safer than chemical sunscreens.
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Ingredients
- Aerated Silica: Give your skin a mattified complexion that lasts throughout the day, under any kind of weather or prevailing humidity
- Translucent Color Spheres: Deliver a universal tint to improve your overall skin tone regardless of the natural shade of your skin
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Pros
- The manufacturer guarantees that this product is not formulated with artificial fragrances which are among the worst allergens.
- This product is tinted sot that you don’t appear ashy when layered with your cosmetic covers.
- The formula allows makeup to glide easily, and because it’s matte, you can count that it will stay on and won’t runoff your makeup.
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Cons
- This product lacks antioxidants that will have boosted UV protection even more, and provide protection from cell-damaging free radicals as well.
- This product contains talc which, according to some, albeit inconclusive, evidence causes detrimental effects to your health.
- Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense reviews posted by both users and skincare experts alike indicate that, contrary to the promises made by the manufacturer about leaving your skin matte, it just won’t stop your skin from greasing.
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones,
- Increased risk for Alzheimer’s due to aluminum content
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense is intended as a daily sun protection product that delivers a tinted sunscreen. Use as part of your daytime skincare regimen, and spread on skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the open. Reapply the product throughout the day to maintain the potency of the sunscreen.
Skinceuticals Physical Matte Defense is an intriguing sunscreen that offers mineral ingredients as sun protection agents only but then goes on adding synthetic after synthetic ingredients. The matte finish would be a lovely solution to the makeup runoff commonly associated with sunscreen use but, even that has not been received well and consistently by users.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: