SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Review: Is it the Right Pick For Your Skin?
SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Description
There’s no doubt about it, retinol must be the most celebrated anti-aging ingredient ever discovered in the history of modern skin science. Until this day, and despite the number of concerns raised about its side effects and recently even on this ingredient’s safety, there has yet to be another anti-aging ingredient that can do half the things that retinol does. Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5 knows that and anti-aging too is what this product is all about.
US $60 for every 30 ml bottle of this product – it is but only proper to ask, “Is it really that worth it?” Let’s break down what this product can offer, shall we?
First, the addition of 0.5% of retinol, a more stable Vitamin A derivative, known to stop the development of wrinkles and even allowing you to sequester back a part of your youth lost to skin aging, is a good enough reason for the price. Products that contain retinol are generally more expensive over others that don’t. That’s because manufacturers and consumers alike understand the power of retinol to restore tired, aging skin.
Second, you get an added benefit from retinol. This ingredient has also been celebrated for its ability to inhibit melanin production. That means, it can tame your unsightly age spots and make them appear much less visible by controlling the amount of melanin present in your skin. Any amount of retinol, even at 0.5% can bring about improvement in wrinkles, age spots and other signs of skin aging.
Third, you also get to benefit from the highly moisturizing effects of shea butter, silicones and plant extracts all infused in this product’s formulation.
SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Ingredients
Key active ingredients are:
- retinol (0.5%): anti-wrinkle and skin brightening
- shea butter: skin moisturizer
- silicones: skin conditioners
- plant extracts: skin conditioners and antioxidants
SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Directions
Use product only on cleansed skin. Application is recommended only for nighttime use due to the presence of retinol in the formulation. Retinol readily breaks down upon exposure to sunlight. Make sure to use sunscreen daily when using this product as retinol has the tendency to make skin thinner and therefore more prone to sun damage.
Since this product contains retinol which can be highly irritating, warm up your skin to the product by adding just a little of it each day until you can be certain that your skin can tolerate retinol.
SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Advantages
- contains retinol which delivers anti-aging benefits
- contains deeply moisturizing ingredients
SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Disadvantages
- product contains several potentially problematic ingredients that post significant toxicity threats as well as potential as cancer-causing, including silicones and petroleum-derived by-products
- contains silicones which leave build up on skin
- product contains fragrance ingredients as well as methylisothiazolinone which can be highly irritating for your skin
SKINCEUTICALS Retinol 0.5 Customer Review
- “Pricey but solid potent product” – By Anastasia Aguilar
- “I started using it and my skin become really red, and peeling !!!! Really be careful using , im starting using it just once a week but still really strong for my skin , hopefully will work” – By Amazon Customer
Different products work different ways for different people. Do you know what your skin needs? Remember to answer this question first before you start making random purchases. If you have skin that’s younger than 30, retinol-containing products may not suit you best.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.