Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Review
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Introduction
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50, US $34 for 50 ml, is a sunscreen purely formulated only with mineral sunscreen actives which has the capability of providing UV protection by blocking 98 per cent of incoming UVA and UVB rays.
What Does Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Claim
This product has been claimed by Skinceuticals to deliver the following skin health and beauty benefits:
- Protect your skin from 98 per cent of UVA and UVB rays
- Give your skin SPF 50 protection from the skin burning effects of UVB
- Protect your skin from damage caused by environmental stressors
- Leave your skin with a matte, barely there finish
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Manufacturer’s Detail
“Advanced skincare backed by Science” – That is the battlecry that Skinceuticals strives to live by and pack in every bottle of product it formulates. Beyond enhancing skin’s natural beauty, Skinceuticals is more concerned about promoting healthier skin. This product was founded by a team of scientists who were previously involved in skin cancer research.
Working of Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50
This product uses only pure mineral sunscreen active ingredients to protect your skin from damage caused by sun exposure.
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide (5%), Zinc Oxide (6%): Mineral sunscreen actives that work to protect your skin from UV by creating a physical barrier between the sun and your skin which blocks UV and reflects it back
- Artemia Salina Extract: Derived from a plankton, this ingredient enhances your skin’s natural defense mechanisms to protect itself from damages caused by heat and UV
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Pros
- This product is not formulated with chemical sunscreen actives which have been shown time and again to have the potential to cause lifelong adverse impacts to your health, other than the possibility of poisoning due to their highly toxic nature.
- Considering that this product is made with physical sunblockers, and not with toxic chemical sunscreen actives, US $34 is quite a steal at this quality and quantity.
- This product comes in an ultra sheer, very lightweight formulation that stays in place even when worn under makeup.
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Cons
- The formula could have been further boosted with the addition of protective antioxidants that have the ability to shield skin from UV as well as neutralize cell damaging free radicals that may be formed from internal stress but also from environmental sources.
- The manufacturer fails to include any study done to prove product efficacy.
- Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 reviews reveal that this product leaves an obvious white streak on face.
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Irritation and allergic reaction to any of this product’s sunscreen actives or, inactive ingredients
- Increased risk for nervous system damage due to increased exposure to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risks for cancers associated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogen which is known to combine easily with PEGs, chemicals which are present in the formula, during manufacturing
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 must be used after washing and toning your face, neck and chest in the morning, at least 15 minutes before going out of the sun. Reapply after sweating profusely or getting wet with water. Otherwise, reapply the product every 2 hours throughout the day.
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 reviews posted by users read:
- “This product is most like a great product like most skinceuticals products are, but it makes your skin look white. I have light olive skin and after applying this I looked fluorescent.”
- “I’ve tried quite a few physical sunscreens with an spf of 30 or greater and have had so much trouble finding one that doesn’t leave a white cast. This sunscreen is better since it has a nice tint to it, but it still makes my face very pale and has a white tint to it but it’s not terrible.”
Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 is very innovative if only for offering a rare, high SPF 50 broad spectrum sunscreen made up of only Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. It may be pricier but it gives you safer sun protection. Other equally safe sunscreen alternatives are available too but then, the price may be just as steep
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: