SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 ReviewsAdvertising Disclosure ?
What Is Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30?
Before Skinceuticals was bought and managed by L’Oreal, a group of scientists and researchers who were at the forefront of new discoveries and innovations concerning skin cancer research and treatment were behind the brand that has now gained a loyal following on the global scale.
SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30, US $40 for 3 oz., is a powerful sunscreen protection that promotes your skin’s ultimate health by protecting it from the damaging and disease causing UV rays.
Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30: Does It Really Work?
More specifically, this product is formulated to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Provide your skin with broad spectrum UV protection that shields you from harmful UVA and UVB rays that damage and age your skin, and even make you prone to skin-related cancers and other diseases.
- Provide SPF 30 protection from UVB, giving your skin protection from the burning heat of the sun that lasts for up to 2 hours before reapplication becomes necessary.
- Moisturize your skin as you coat it with an additional layer of protection to shield it from dryness that can likewise cause your skin to become aged and permanently damaged.
What Are The Ingredients In Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30?
- Transparent Zinc Oxide (7.0%): Micronized zinc oxide capable of providing physical UVA and UVB protection without the white streak associated with physical sunscreens.
- Octinoxate (7.5%): A chemical sunscreen active.
- Beeswax and Dimethicone: Give this sunscreen its moisturizing effect on skin.
- Butylene Glycol: beneficial ingredients to penetrate the skin, with the remainder sitting on the skin surface and doing little good for skin health. By increasing skin penetration, butylene glycol can boost the overall effectiveness of the product. But one of the likeliest side effects from this chemical is the potential for skin irritation.
How to Apply SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30
- As, per the manufacturers of the product apply a generous amount of SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 to all exposed surface areas of your skin at least 15 minutes before you step out into the sun.
- Reapply as directed in the labels and always layer under your makeup.
Benefits Of SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30
- This sunscreen boosts your skin’s moisture at the same time that it protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- This product has been specially formulated for daily use in cold and intensely hot climate which is prevalent in high altitude locations.
- This product is PABA-free (Para-Aminobenzoic acid), a highly sensitizing ingredient commonly used in sunscreen products to absorb UV rays, and is often combined with alcohol and other synthetic chemicals to transform UV to less harmful forms.
Disadvantages Of SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30
- This product significantly misses out on antioxidants which could have provided and additional layer of protection from UV and free radicals.
- This product is made with octinoxate and parabens which can have adverse effects to your endocrine health.
- A Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 review cited how this sunscreen leaves a shiny skin surface but not greasy.
- This product may be irritating, so be sure to do a spot test if you do manage to get your hands on this product.
Final Verdict: SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30
With amazing marketing efforts by L’Oreal, SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 sounds more ideal for your skin than it really is. It’s a fairly protective sunscreen but, if you want to get more out of your product, you need better moisturizers and more antioxidants in the formula.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."