SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 Review: Is It Suitable?
SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 Description
SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30, US $40 for 3 oz., is a powerful sunscreen protection that promotes your skin’s ultimate health by protecting it from the damaging and disease causing UV rays.
More specifically, this product is formulated to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Provide your skin with broad spectrum UV protection that shields you from harmful UVA and UVB rays that damage and age your skin, and even make you prone to skin-related cancers and other diseases
- Provide SPF 30 protection from UVB, giving your skin protection from the burning heat of the sun that lasts for up to 2 hours before reapplication becomes necessary
- Moisturize your skin as you coat it with an additional layer of protection to shield it from dryness that can likewise cause your skin to become aged and permanently damaged.
Before Skinceuticals was bought and managed by L’Oreal, a group of scientists and researchers who were at the forefront of new discoveries and innovations concerning skin cancer research and treatment were behind the brand that has now gained a loyal following on the global scale.
SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 Ingredients
- Transparent Zinc Oxide (7.0%): Micronized zinc oxide capable of providing physical UVA and UVB protection without the white streak associated with physical sunscreens
- Octinoxate (7.5%): A chemical sunscreen active
- Beeswax and Dimethicone: Give this sunscreen its moisturizing effect on skin
Apply a generous amount of SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 to all exposed surface areas of your skin at least 15 minutes before you step out into the sun. Reapply as directed in the labels and always layer under your makeup.
SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 Advantages
- This sunscreen boosts your skin’s moisture at the same time that it protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- This product has been specially formulated for daily use in cold and intensely hot climate which is prevalent in high altitude locations.
- This product is PABA-free (Para-Aminobenzoic acid), a highly sensitizing ingredient commonly used in sunscreen products to absorb UV rays, and is often combined with alcohol and other synthetic chemicals to transform UV to less harmful forms.
- A Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 review has highlighted that this product leaves a comfortable, hydrating feel on skin without leaving a greasy surface.
SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 Disadvantages
- This product significantly misses out on antioxidants which could have provided and additional layer of protection from UV and free radicals.
- This product is made with octinoxate and parabens which can have adverse effects to your endocrine health.
- A Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 review cited how this sunscreen leaves a shiny skin surface but not greasy.
With amazing marketing efforts by L’Oreal, SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 sounds more ideal for your skin than it really is. It’s a fairly protective sunscreen but, if you want to get more out of your product, you need better moisturizers and more antioxidants in the formula.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: