SkinLongevity Eye Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is SkinLongevity Eye Gel Cream?
BAREMINERALS SkinLongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream, US $32 for 0.5 oz., is a product that works to re-energize and reawaken your eye area to promote a more youthful appearance.
SkinLongevity Eye Gel Cream- Does it really work?
As per manufacturer this product has been formulated to deliver the following benefits to skin around your eyes:
- Restore eye skin elasticity and firmness
- Relieve your skin from chronic dryness by boosting your skin’s moisture levels
- Enliven and enlighten your complexion by evening out your skin tone. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- Brighten how your skin appears to make it more appealing and youthful looking
bareMinerals is a brand that is owned by Bare Escentuals, conceptualized as a mineral-based cosmetics line that started out with just one mineral foundation in 1994.
What are the ingredients in SkinLongevity Eye Gel Cream?
- Long Life Herb: Improves skin synthesis, metabolism and resilience to better withstand infections and damage caused by external factors
- California Poppy: Boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels to make it better protected from any future skin damage which, in a way, supports your skin in coping with the repairs that need to be done to restore your skin
- Lempuyang Ginger: Also delivers antioxidants, but also has natural anti-inflammatory properties that relieves your skin from irritation, and natural astringent properties that lighten dark marks on your skin and brighten your overall complexion
- Niacinamide: A powerful antioxidant, this ingredient boosts your skin cells’ energy to make rejuvenation happen sooner
How to Apply SkinLongevity Eye Gel Cream
For best results, the manufacturer suggests-
- Use BAREMINERALS SkinLongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream on skin around your eyes as part of your day time and night time skin care routines, following cleansing and toning.
- Dot the product around your eyes then, gently smooth and blend in with a massage.
Benefits of SkinLongevity Eye Gel Cream
- This product is formulated and distributed by a company that is committed to keep its products free from parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- An independent study involving 107 women who used this product regularly for 4 weeks revealed that the subjects experienced skin that was smoother and more resilient to irritations in just 14 days.
- A Skinlongevity eye gel cream review claims that the product delivered instant improvement to the user’s eye area in just 30 seconds following product application but there are no such claims
Disadvantages of SkinLongevity Eye Gel Cream
- This product is formulated with butylene glycol, alcohol and t-butyl alcohol, chemicals that can be irritating and, which can cause permanent damages on your skin matrix.
- This product utilizes phenoxyethanol, a toxic chemical that can cause brain damage at toxic levels, as a preservative.
- A Skinlongevity eye gel cream review pointed out that this product may not be suitable for severely aged skin of 60 years.
Final Verdict- SkinLongevity Eye Cream
On hind sight, BAREMINERALS SkinLongevity Vital Power Eye Gel Cream appears to be the eye product that finally puts safety and product efficacy on the same level. Also, Unused items purchased on the website can be returned within 30 days of the ship date.
It’s sad how a company that claims to be a safer alternative, even go out of its way to remove three of the most toxic ingredients commonly found in skin care, can still miss alcohol. With alcohol, it appears that this product will do more harm than good to your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.