SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream?
As per the manufacturer, SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream, US $69 for a 2.0 oz. tube, is a skin moisturizing cream that helps to replenish the optimal hydration lost to your skin as it also improves your skin’s overall protection from future damage by repairing your skin’s barrier layer. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Allergan, one of the world’s most recognized names in the pharmaceutical industry under its SkinMedica brand. Before Allergan acquired SkinMedica in 2012, the skin care line was first established and managed by Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick who also founded SkinMedica in 1999. Always with a strong commitment to a scientific basis to all of its formulations, SkinMedica takes the best available science and technology to create effective formulations to address the specific needs of different types of skin.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Replenish your skin’s optimal moisture content.
- Improve your skin’s surface appearance.
- Help facilitate faster and more efficient healing and repair of damages on your skin.
- Enhance the collagen production and improve the frequency of skin renewal.
- Calm and treat inflamed skin to alleviate damage and protect your skin form aging.
What Are The Ingredients In Skinmedica Ceramide Treatment Cream?
- Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media (TNS): Enhance your skin’s repair, regeneration and renewal mechanisms while simultaneously improving the health and quality of new skin produced.
- Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA (Ceramide): Strengthen your skin’s protective barrier function to make your skin better capable of resisting signs of damage and aging.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: Improve your skin’s regeneration and renewal, guiding your skin to more efficiently even out and soften how wrinkles and fine lines manifest on your skin which, in turn, gives you a more youthful looking skin. However, it might cause skin reaction.
- Avena Sativa Kernel Extract: It has natural anti-inflammatory properties that soothe and calm your skin from irritation which, in effect, evens out your skin tone and brightens your overall complexion
How to apply SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream
For best results, the manufacturer suggests-
- Squeeze a small amount of SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream and heat between your fingers to activate before massaging into your skin until well incorporated.
Benefits of SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream
- SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream has been specially formulated to soothe the moisturizing requirements of normal to very dry skin types, as well as post-procedure skin which requires fast and efficient healing to become restored.
- This product does not contain artificial fragrances which makes it suitable for use even on sensitive and reactive skin types. However, it can irritate certain skin types.
Disadvantages of SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream
- This product is loaded with antioxidants that protect your skin.
- SkinMedica Ceramide Treatment Cream reviews indicate that this product may not provide sufficient skin conditioning to rough and scaly skin that needs to be comforted by that well-conditioned feeling.
Does Skinmedica Ceramide Treatment Cream Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones and butylene glycol.
- Increased risk for sun damage due to retinyl palmitate.
- Increased risk for developing various types of cancers due to PEGs and growth factors, specifically Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media.
- Increased risk for developing diseases that are associated with the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Final Verdict: SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream
SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream promotes faster and more efficient skin healing and repair, and may even improve the quality of new replacement skin. However, these benefits come with a premium price that may put your health on the line. It’s possible that the growth factors infused in this formula can lead to skin cancer, although study findings remain inconclusive. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.
Facial moisturizing products are in no short supply today, and this large selection might make the process of choosing the best moisturizer for your personal needs to seem a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, we’ve taken the time to research each of the top facial moisturizers on how they rate in several different key categories. More specifically, we believe that every quality moisturizer should provide the basic benefit of improving overall facial skin appearance, including both skin tone and skin texture. Additionally, a quality moisturizer should contain compounds that are capable of binding to collagen fibres in order to provide the most long term results. Finally, facial moisturizers should ideally be able to deeply cleanse skin at the same time that they moisturize it.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."