SkinMedica Facial Cleanser Reviews – Should You Trust This Product?Advertising Disclosure ?
What Is SkinMedica Facial Cleanser?
This product is brought to you by Skinmedica, a skin care brand founded by Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick in 1999, and which, since 2012, has been acquired by Allergan. Allergan is one of the world’s most recognizable pharmaceutical companies. That’s how you know that, when it’s from SkinMedica, there’s a strong, extensive R&D that went into the formulation process, such as in this cleanser.
SkinMedica Facial Cleanser, US $38 for a 6 fl. oz. tube, is a facial cleanser that enlivens tired skin brought about by the daily exposure to environmental pollutants and other external factors that cause your skin to appear old, worn out and damaged.
SkinMedica Facial Cleanser — Does It Really Work?
Basedon claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Give your skin a deeper clean that helps promote clearer skin layer.
- Deliver a high volume of moisture to noticeably soften and smoothen out your skin.
- Rid your skin of dust, dirt and other impurities.
- Take off makeup more easily and more gently.
- Protect your skin from further damage by enhancing your skin’s antioxidant levels.
What Are The Ingredients In SkinMedica Facial Cleanser?
- Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5): Coats your skin in a thin film that leaves it with a better conditioned look and feel that lasts for several hours.
- Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract: It has natural astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that tighten your pores and relieve it of inflammations, respectively.
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine: Draws out and dissolves impurities then, flushes these out to reveal the newer, younger and brighter skin layer underneath.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How to Apply SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
- The Manufacturer claims that for getting the best result apply the SkinMedica Facial Cleanser in your wet skin with lukewarm water before lathering on SkinMedica Facial Cleanser.
- Massage gently all over your face before rinsing off with lukewarm water
Benefits Of SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
- This product serves to remove even stubborn makeup so you won’t hurt your skin when you do.
- SkinMedica Facial Cleanser prepares your skin to receive all the wonderful beauty benefits from other skin care products in your routine.
Disadvantages Of SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
The formula is infused with a strong fragrance that can turn off some users, and which makes it unsuitable for use of people with sensitive and reactive skin types.
- This product contains several ingredients well known to cause skin irritations and allergies, including artificial dyes.
- SkinMedica Facial Cleanser reviews indicate that the formula tends to settle and needs to be shaken well before use.
- This facial cleanser is relatively more expensive than most other facial cleansers that commit to deliver the same benefits.
Does SkinMedica Facial Cleanser Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using SkinMedica Facial Cleanser:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including synthetic fragrances, artificial colorants, and butylene glycol.
- Increased risk for diseases associated with the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for developing various types of cancers due to PEGs.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions
Final Verdict: SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
SkinMedica Facial Cleanser is formulated with ingredients that will do to your skin what a cleanser does, that is, wash away the dirt. If you want to squeeze more benefits for your dollar, however, all you get will be skin conditioners which comes with several allergens.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Facial Cleansers
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."