SkinMedica Hydrating Complex Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is SkinMedica Hydrating Complex?
SkinMedica Hydrating Complex Overview, US $88 for 1 fl. oz. opaque bottle, is a moisturizing solution to chronic skin dryness. However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
This product is brought to you by Allergan under its SkinMedica line of products. The company has business interests in the beauty and cosmetics industries, and is widely recognized for formulating Latisse, an eyelash enhancer that was accidentally formulated after eyelash growth was observed as a side effect of one of its formulations targeted in addressing glaucoma.
Through SkinMedica, Allergan offers scientifically and technologically based skin care products that target specific skin issues. SkinMedica was originally established in 1999, but was acquired only by Allergan in 2012.
SkinMedica Hydrating Complex — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Significantly drive up your skin’s moisture content and promote better hydration.
- Relieve chronic dryness.
- Improve your skin’s texture and elasticity.
What Are The Ingredients In Skinmedica Hydrating Complex?
- Hyaluronic Acid: Enhance your skin’s hydration levels and functions by drawing in moisture from the surroundings as well as from adjacent tissues which is then gradually released to your skin, Namely, some people complain that their skin dries out after using hyaluronic acid.
- Panthenol: Improve your skin’s moisture and conditioning by coating your skin’s surface, trapping moisture in, minimizing surface water loss, and preventing your skin from drying out.
- Anhydroxylitol and Xylitol: Boost your skin’s moisture content while simultaneously spreading the moisture throughout your skin, ensuring that your skin’s surface is well-covered.
- Betaine: Improves your skin’s ability to hold onto and lock in more moisture.
How To Apply SkinMedica Hydrating Complex
- SkinMedica Hydrating Complex is recommended for up to twice daily application.
- Ideally, the product must only be used on thoroughly and freshly cleansed and toned skin.
- Layer with sunscreen during the day to help boost product benefits.
Benefits Of SkinMedica Hydrating Complex
- SkinMedica Hydrating Complex works in two primary ways to restore your skin’s moisture, that is, by replenishing moisture externally while also improving your skin’s protective barrier to help keep more moisture in while minimizing water loss.
- This product is packaged in an opaque bottle that helps keep the beneficial components potent, consistent, and intact.
- This product is suitable for all skin types. Although many user reviews say it isn’t very effective.
Disadvantages Of SkinMedica Hydrating Complex
- The formula lacks a broad spectrum of powerful antioxidants to amp up skin’s overall protection, including from damage and aging, including those caused by damage.
- This product is relatively more expensive than other similarly formulated moisturizers that commit to deliver the same benefits to moisturize and enhance your skin’s health.
- SkinMedica Hydrating Complex reviews indicate that this product may not provide sufficient skin conditioning and moisturization which necessitates layering with another thicker, better moisturizing product.
- This product contains Hyaluronic Acid which may cause skin irritation.
Does Skinmedica Hydrating Complex Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using SkinMedica Hydrating Complex:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including synthetic components and fillers.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Final Verdict: SkinMedica Hydrating Complex
SkinMedica Hydrating Complex will be capable of providing your skin improved hydration. Whether or not that is sufficient to address the moisturization your skin requires to bounce back to its optimal moisture content, health and vitality depends on your particular hydration needs. It may be enough to some but, some people may not find it delivers the right solution to their skin’s demands.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: