Skinmedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Review: Is It Safe To Use?
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Introduction
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer, US $58 for a 2.0 oz. tube, is a facial lotion formulated to deliver an easy absorbent skin moisturizing formula ideal for use by people with normal, combination, to oily skin types.
What Does SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Boost your skin’s moisture levels with an instantly absorbent formula that sinks deeply and quickly to nourish your skin
- Give your complexion a better hydrated and dewier appearance
- Protect your skin from the cell damaging effect of free radicals
- Revitalize your skin cells and pump more energy into repair and renewal mechanisms to add efficiency and to speed up repairs at faster rates
- Promote tighter pores, more even toned skin, and a fairer overall complexion
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Manufacturer’s Detail
“The most rewarding part of what we do is watching the changes in a patient’s self-esteem and happiness,” SkinMedica co-founder Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick once said. SkinMedica is a skincare brand established in 1999. It is committed to deliver the latest science and technology innovations to its clients by formulating products that consider these developments into their formulations.
Working of SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer
This product works by delivering a moisturizing solution with a lotion consistency that is sheer enough not to leave the surface greasy but, sufficiently loaded with moisture attracting hyaluronic acid to draw in voluminous amounts of moisture to make it appear fuller, dewier and plumper.
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Ingredients
- Hyaluronic Acid: Attracts moisture from the surroundings, this ingredient helps your skin capture more significant amounts of moisture to rest on your skin’s surface to keep it feeling well moisturized for hours.
- Vitamin C: Revitalizes your skin, it also delivers antioxidants that help protect your skin from cellular damage caused by free radicals
- Vitamin E: Another powerful antioxidant, it also helps rebuild your skin’s protective barrier
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Pros
- This product has a lightweight consistency that is also oil-free, making it a great product to use for combination, oily, and acne-prone skin types.
- This moisturizer does not contain fragrance ingredients which are among the top allergens that can inflame your skin.
- This moisturizers contains two very powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E.
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Cons
- This product can make excessively oily skin grease even more, most especially on the T-zone.
- This product contains a very tight and limited line up of potentially beneficial ingredients that can give your skin lasting improvements with continued product use.
- SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer reviews posted by users indicate that some people may experience inflammation on product contact, and many who claim to have sensitive skin do not recommend this product for use on those skin types.
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including menthol
- Increased risk for endocrine-related dysfunctions due to parabens which can cause fluctuations in estrogen levels
- Increased risk for nerve and brain damage and related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer must be applied on skin day and night, right after a fresh cleanse. Apply toner for better absorption. For best results, the manufacturer recommends using this product together with the SkinMedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, and layered with the Total Defense+Repair SPF 34-Tinted.
SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer is a basic moisturizer that comes at a premium price tag. Despite the hydrating feeling it leaves your skin, there is nothing in the formula that can give your skin a lasting improvement. Unfortunately, there are more preservatives infused in this product relative to the beneficial ingredients that your skin can derive from it. It can serve your daily basic requirements for a moisturizer though it may not be suitable for use on all skin types contrary to claims made by the manufacturer.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Hyaluronic Acid Serum formulations on the market in our opinion: