Skinmedica Uplifting Eye Serum Review: Does It Really Vanish Wrinkles?
SkinMedica Uplifting Eye Serum, US $60 for 0.5 oz., is formulated to restore the health and brightness of droopy, dark skin around your eyes. More specifically, this product commits to deliver for you the following benefits:
- De-puff your eyes, enhance skin elasticity, and pull up droopy eyes
- Smoothen out fine wrinkles
- Boost moisture levels and deep hydrate skin around your eye area
- Supports in lightening pigmented skin around the eyes, including age spots and dark circles
- Provide your skin protection from further damage caused by free radicals and UV
In 1999, SkinMedica was founded by dermatologist, Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick, and since then has branded itself as the company that promises to deliver beauty products based on science.
- Retinol: Helps correct wrinkles and other signs of skin aging
- Lactic Acid: Facilitates faster skin cell turnover and renewal
- Glucosamin HCL: Helps restore skin elasticity and firm up saggy skin
- Algae Extract: Provides deep and long-lasting hydration that helps restore your skin’s healthy moisture levels and keep it that way for a prolonged period of time
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract: Has natural skin brightening properties that inhibits melanin production to lighten skin around your eyes and make your eyes shine brighter
- Kojic Acid: Another ingredient with skin lightening properties and which evens out your skin tone, giving skin around your eyes a more youthful complexion.
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract: Loaded with antioxidants, this ingredient helps restore skin health while also improving your skin’s protection from further damage caused by UV and free radicals.
Use SkinMedica Uplifting Eye Serum once up to twice daily, slowly working up the frequency of application because the formula can be irritating to skin that is not already accustomed to retinol. Make sure to perform a patch test to check for any allergic reactions you may have before applying this product all over your skin.
- The manufacturer has guaranteed safety for use on all skin types.
- This product contains protective antioxidants and ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties that work together to stop further damage even before it starts.
- Uplifting eye serum reviews often point out to the primary causes of eye skin concern such as aging and dryness which this product has been formulated to help you manage better.
- This product is loaded with parabens which have been proven time and again to disrupt normal hormone functions that, eventually, affect critical mechanisms that help sustain health.
- This product contains phenoxyethanol, a preservative known to be neurotoxic.
- Several critical uplifting eye serum reviews generally do not recommend separate eye products, which are claimed to deliver redundant functions already being performed by your regular moisturizer.
SkinMedica Uplifting Eye Serum is an expensive investment for just a tiny 0.5 oz. bottle, and yet your moisturizer and night cream may already be performing the same functions that this product is committed to deliver. Besides, not everybody needs to be using an eye product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.